All this is very dissapointing....

It would be nice top have an update that says, "Nothing New" or something, but DD can do what they want. However, I wish the board was more active. I check this forum everyday only to find nothing. (I now call the Nevermore forum home.) But, that's just people, not the band who don't really talk. But, I guess there's not much to talk about. Maybe people, have lost interest, I don't know.

I'm not into whining and telling the band they are doing stuff wrong (Most bands are so out of touch. DD appreciates the fans, I know.), but something has to happen. I think people might be giving up. I'll be waiting for the new album, but is everyone else as dedicated? :hotjump:

You make a fair point, although I stil make sure I check this forum everytime i'm online just incase the news we're all waiting for has finally arrived.

One day it'll happen, one day soon (or so we're told) but until then I'll just sit here and cry :yell: ...

i post a thread complaining about hte news updates and i get flamed...this board sucks, many here are ass-kissing children, afraid to see some criticism about how the band manages things. which im sure they do a perfect job in everything else except the news updates.

a few months have passed since my complaint, and that was a few months after the last update, and finally people are agreeing with me. if DD dont want to give specifics...dont, say we went to wipe the dust off our recording equipment for fun or something...show some sort of progression.

back in march, i actaully thought the album was near completion, and a month ago i find out they havent even been to the studio...that is a huge gap that could have been easily filled by a one line statment from a band member.

It only seems like DD never update you guys because you come on this forum or their website and check everyday.

Chill out, go get drunk/stoned or something. Then check back in a week or two.

Repeat this process.

This question has been asked alot and we answer the same way. We'll reveal alot of new info as soon as the behind the scenes stuff is locked in. I realize that you guys are getting frustrated...It's flattering and encouraging that folks are disapointed at our apparent lack of activity. Rest assured that we are working our asses off to make sure the new album happens ASAP.
As Jesse has suggested previously, once we reveal the news, all of the cloak and dagger shit over the last several months will be self explanitory.
In terms of the board....I'd suggest that you guys hold the key to improving it by spreading the word about DD and of course posting often.
Thanks.
egan.

Small updates would be enough to feed the awaiting...Playlists updated, rehearsals pictures, 10 seconds samples of new songs, demo versions of No reply, new songs titles, etc...
So that people still see that the band is alive, and is going to kick the world ass soon.
I know about all the shit with the label, and how discouraging it sometimes seems. I'm addicted enough to Daylight Dies to wait for years after the new album, but that is probably not the case with anyone.
Concerning the forum, it is great that you guys from the band take the time to answer each thread. Now, without news, it is difficult to discuss about something. I'm happy too that this forum avoids boring threads such as "your playlist", "your favourite bands", "bands similar to...". This forum is devoted to Daylight DIes exclusively...

Nicely put Egan. Your band really has the word of mouth magic happening at the moment, and I know that many fans are worried that the momentum will drop off as much as they would like self gratification from news updates.

Don't drop the ball, so to speak. Keep up to date and keep the momentum going- for your own sakes as much as for ours!

sure when the new album is out there will be loads of stuff to discuss on the forum. Artwork, fav songs etc. GUITAR TABS!!!!

I have to say it is absolutely flattering that there is any activity on this forum after such a long delay. And I absolutely don't hold it against anyone for being frustrated at how ridiculously long it is taking us to get things sorted.

There truly is a reason why we've not shared any tid-bits along the way. As Egan stated, it'll all be revealed as soon as we can. I know it's hard to believe, but there is progress being made in one way or another on a daily basis with the band and the new album. There is basically one thing we need to get settled before revealing all the details on the new album, and a tremendous amount of other details/photos/etc.

Thanks for remembering we exist and sticking around. I promise everyone wil hear it here or on www.daylightdies.com first.

We still have some of the limited live CD's if anyone is interested. Just goto www.daylightdies.com and click on merch.

PS: Thanks for sharing all of that Alex.