"All Time Favorite Maiden Album"?

Number of the Beast. I loved Clive's drumming and never could get into Nicko.

Hehe...here's an idea for the ladies,when they play in Long Beach:You don't have to think for a second to put the setlist together...just play the entire Live After Death album! :headbang: :lol: Pretty sure no one would complain... :p

*LOL* Why not? :). Curious to see who the "special guest" will be for the Paladinos show.
:headbang:

:hotjump:
Think I said this before:):)

72274331.jpg

By blackglove at 2012-04-20

mmm this a one question to me all maiden are good and excelent but
thrust is best and all time favorite maiden album are seveth son because this album have idea all classic iron maiden the new ones :headbang:

I actually like Dance of Death the most. "Dance of Death" itself is great, but I also like "Face in the Sand" and "No More Lies."

Fear of the Dark would be my next favorite.

For me, it's still Piece of Mind. I adore this record. Lesser known tracks like Still Life, Sun and Steel, and To Tame a Land are killer.,

Piece of Mind for me too.Where Eagles Dare,Revelations,Flight of Icarus,Die with your Boots on,The Trooper,Still Life,Quest for Fire,Sun and Steel,and the epic To Tame a Land.

This is how I see it:

Every album with Bruce and Adrian Smith together besides the last one, because that last one was not memorable. All other albums are not as good. Iron Maiden and Killers is good but a level below. They just don't compare. It's not Bruce. if it isn't Bruce, it just isn't as good. This is a scientifically proven absolute fact. And every song off those albums that Bruce does, is better than the original recordings. So good, but not the bomb. Kind of like getting a Dodge Challenger in a 6 cylinder instead of 8. Yeah you got a Challenger, but you can't hear the hum of the 8 cylinders.

*But those 1st 2 albums are good to go back to when the other albums burn you out. They are good, but not AS good.

No Prayer for The Dying- Crap! Barely listenable.
Fear of the Dark- Mainly Crap! 1 good song.
Blaze Baley- Lame
X Factor and Virtual Whatever- Lame
Who can listen to Blaze? Anyone actually listen to these albums? If you do, then you have too much time on your hands and I suggest spend that time making money of some sort instead of listening to Blaze.

Piece of Mind drops off after Flight of Icarus. The other songs just don't have the same punch as the first 4.

A Matter of Life and Death best album since Seventh Son in my opinion.
Brave New World and Dance of Death are excellent but does drag a bit. Still I like them very much and sometimes, on particular occasions, like listening to them more because it's filled with good songs I have not burnt out on.

Problem with 7th Son is the production sounds very 80s and dated to me. A little heavy on the cheese, but the album is still fantastic! The concept never really goes anywhere. So this dude had 7 sons then he had 7 sons and the 7th one is a psychic prophet. Ok, then what happens? He dies. He could see all this stuff in the future but his own death. That is cool, but I really don't get what else happens in the story. Is there a plot? I don't see much of one, just mostly describing the protagonist right? Or is he an antagonist? Still, strong melodies and Bruce is on top of his game here.

That leaves us with the best Maiden albums of:

The Number of the Beast (1982)
**Piece of Mind (1983)** weakest of these after first 4 songs
Powerslave (1984)
Somewhere in Time (1986)
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)
Brave New World (2000)
Dance of Death (2003)
A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

The Final Frontier (2010) I listened to twice and never did again and really don't want to. I don't really know what they were thinking.

If I had to pick 1 Maiden album as what I consider their best, it's tough. Number of the Beast has such a mix of raw metal and intelligent art that it never can be reduplicated. Really a perfect snapshot in time. Number of the Beast I think is such a hoaky dated song though, but it comes across as tongue in cheek in the context of the album. Gangland is a throw away song, you all agree? But if I am forced to label one as the best, I think I may have to say Somewhere in Time. It roars, it's intellectual, it's progressive, it's melodic, it's mature, strong lyrics, and very pleasant to the ears. It's got Alexander the Great, the exciting title track, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, and the songs are long but not boring. Heaven Can Wait and Wasted Years repeat the chorus too much. I don't know what's thats all about. That's my Iron Maiden stranded on a desert island album though.

But they still have yet to make a perfect album with no throw away songs.

Maybe one day.

NOT!

...Problem with 7th Son is the production sounds very 80s and dated to me. A little heavy on the cheese, but the album is still fantastic! The concept never really goes anywhere. So this dude had 7 sons then he had 7 sons and the 7th one is a psychic prophet. Ok, then what happens? He dies. He could see all this stuff in the future but his own death. That is cool, but I really don't get what else happens in the story. Is there a plot? I don't see much of one, just mostly describing the protagonist right? Or is he an antagonist? ...

Back when the album came out I recorded the 7th son interview with the band that was aired on the radio (KNAC's Metal Shop). Very cool as it included the history of maiden up to that point as well. I haven't listened to it in a while, but my recollection was that Steve Harris said the concept album was about somebody being clairvoyant. Somebody having all these powers but doesn't understand them. Saying "What if he could see the future, what if he could foresee death, what if he could foresee his own death, etc."
I made copies of this years ago and gave each of the TIM band members a copy. I think the only one left is Linda and maybe Wanda.

Yeah Red Shirt, that is exactly what I described. But Steve Harris needs to understand the difference between an idea and an actual plot. He is Clairvoyant or psychic, but can't see his own death so he dies. What's the plot? What else happens? It really is the definition of a "Concept Album" since it really is just a concept and not a story. If there is more to it, then I'd like to know. See if you can dig up that interview. I'd love to hear it.

Yeah Red Shirt, that is exactly what I described. But Steve Harris needs to understand the difference between an idea and an actual plot. He is Clairvoyant or psychic, but can't see his own death so he dies. What's the plot? What else happens? It really is the definition of a "Concept Album" since it really is just a concept and not a story. If there is more to it, then I'd like to know. See if you can dig up that interview. I'd love to hear it.
The impression I got from the interview is that it's an open ended plot, more of a "what if this, what if that, etc.". Dig up interview...you got it.

I still love the album and think it's one of their strongest. I think it's a "Concept Album" but not a story. There are other albums like this where it isn't an actual story from start to finish but has a concept throughout. Like Dark Side of the Moon. But the problem I have with 7th Son is that it seems to be like a story than has no middle. Just a beginning and and end more of a concept. A real concept album without a story would just be about Clairvoyance in general. I guess it's this guy was a Moonchild, (Nice Crowley reference), and then he later on discovers he has this power to be clairvoyant. There is some prophecy about him being the chosen one. Later he dies which is cool that he could predict all this stuff except his own death. Interestingly it's exactly the same story Palpatine tells Anakin about his master in Revenge of the Sith. I just kind of wish something happened significant before he died. But maybe the point of the album is just about the guy himself but not about what he does.