All you need to know about Finnish language...

Teemu rules! Does that means that I am lätkäjuntti? Do NOT answer that..

Alright, now the question: How can I say hän on, me olemme ja te olette in spoken Finnish?

Hän on goes like in literature, me olemme could be something like "ollaan" and te olette would be something like "olette" or "ootte".

And you're not so-called lätkäjuntti if you don't label everyone who doesn't like ice hockey as homosexuals.

Kiitos iPot! :wave:

Soo one more time I'll use this thread as a dictionary ;x
I recently got into Cradle of Filth a lot and there is one line from their song A Gothic Romance
"Drunk on red wine, his dead lips on mine- suffused with the perfume of night.."
I wanna write it on my Skype in Finnish but my translation is not worth it :D
Can you guys translate this?

"Drunk on red wine, his dead lips on mine- suffused with the perfume of night.."

Humalassa punaviinistä, hänen kuolleet huulensa omillani - yön parfyymin peittelemänä.

Something like that. Sounds quite crappy in Finnish.

Humalassa punaviinistä, hänen kuolleet huulensa omillani - yön parfyymin peittelemänä.

Something like that. Sounds quite crappy in Finnish.

JESUS CELEB Thank You!! :worship:
If you ask me, it sounds crappy in any other language.. :erk:
Some things are not meant to be translated in other languages- like this entire song!

In fact you didn't. That's frequently used by my friends as an insult or just as a swear word.

And what does it mean? Or it's something like "p*rkele" which has no straight translation in other languages?

In fact, isn't juusto cheese :rofl:? As far as I remember kyrpä is a cock (not sure though..)
So is this something like Cheese Cock :lol:
Dunno..

And what does it mean? Or it's something like "p*rkele" which has no straight translation in other languages?

In fact, isn't juusto cheese :rofl:? As far as I remember kyrpä is a cock (not sure though..)
So is this something like Cheese Cock :lol:
Dunno..

Correct!

How long have you been studying Finnish? You are really good for a non Finnish person.

Correct!

How long have you been studying Finnish? You are really good for a non Finnish person.

WHAAAAAT!!!!???? :lol: Well, thank you! Never thought that I'm good at it :D Very nice of you Esa! :) Kiitos!
Well, I studied Finnish in Sofia for like a month or so and then I moved to Rovaniemi for a Finnish course. I'm still here- staying until September :D
It's kinda hard here- two times I had to ask people to speak in English because spoken Finnish equals Hell to me! Right now, I can understand that original Finnish perfectly and kinda spoken Finnish, too, but ME speaking/writing/reading in Finnish is a total............ XD yep..
I still can't say words like yötyö or syksy and I definitely can't read appelsiinituoremehu (but I know what it means :D)
I no longer make those mistakes like translating Minulla on auto as I'm a car, so I think I'll learn it :D

Again- big thanks for the nice words :)

Correct!

In fact there was a little error in that word. It's cockcheese and it is a real word in english. If I recall correctly, it even was in sanakirja.org.

Just because someone else thought of it before you doesn't mean you made it up completely on your own (never heard it) ;-)

You can think it delusively if you want to. Basically you just translated two words and mashed them up and thought you were being original (and maybe funny). By the way you weren't. You just seem to unable accept the fact that this "great word you made up" existed a long time ago.

You can think it delusively if you want to. Basically you just translated two words and mashed them up and thought you were being original (and maybe funny). By the way you weren't. You just seem to unable accept the fact that this "great word you made up" existed a long time ago.

That I did and I thought it was funny! But I know you hate Swedes. Have fun with your language! Not visiting this thread again.

Wtf just happened? Have to once again admit that this forum is awesome: argument over one word which is not even frequently used by the Finns.

But I know you hate Swedes.

:lol:! I can't possibly think that some Finnish guy would be so redneck these days that he hates Swedes by default. It's nearly the same as saying that homosexuality is a disease, except that I know people who really think like this.