Alternative 4. Finally.

Triste

gazing into the deep
May 4, 2001
Echo Park
Visit site
So...I was able to find this album after looking for it for quite a bit. I've listened to it at least 15 times since I got it a couple of days ago and.....wow. It's so....bleak. It leaves me feeling empty, almost spent but filled with longing (for....?) at the same time. It's like I want to be sad and angry and loving all rolled up into one confusing emotion. Very few albums touch me like this so....I just wanted to share....

Well, Alt. 4 is one of my all-time fav. albums. (along with every other Anathema album). Just curious though... Is it really this hard to get a hold of Anathema and other European bands albums over there? Cause I've heard lots of People from the other side of the Atlantic complain that they can't find anything...

Take care everyone...

I know.. yet this may tells even more
sconf.gif

America sucks for this one!!! Loads of amaerican shit and less European quality to find....

BTW, I think the best bands are still European! They are only very few exceptions like Metallica (old one eh!) and Slipknot ( ;) to forlorn hope)!!! There are more bands that are okay, but in generally Europe rules!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Where I live (SF Bay Area) it's not so much not being able to find the stuff, it's being able to beat other people to it. We have lots of really good record stores and a pretty killer music scene, unlike the rest of the country (poor fools!). We do have some really good bands out here, but if it's not on MTV, you're normally not going to hear about them. But yes, Europe does kick ass with the plethora of bands that come from there....one of the reasons why I may move there....

Originally posted by Triste
Where I live (SF Bay Area) it's not so much not being able to find the stuff, it's being able to beat other people to it. We have lots of really good record stores and a pretty killer music scene, unlike the rest of the country (poor fools!). We do have some really good bands out here, but if it's not on MTV, you're normally not going to hear about them. But yes, Europe does kick ass with the plethora of bands that come from there....one of the reasons why I may move there....

yeah, you have Metallica, if i'm not completely wrong ;) !!!

i don't see to where a band comes from, there are other good bands from the States, like Dredg for example.
But i have recognized that i like many British bands. Anathema, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Pink Floyd, Antimatter and more.

In the end it doesn't matter where or who they are.

Cheers

Originally posted by Morpheus
In the end it doesn't matter where or who they are.
No, it doesn't matter where a band comes from on the basis of quality. It matters though on the basis of promotion. For example there might be some kick-ass Korean band that we've never heard about just because they're Korean. And why is it that the vast majority of the groups that we know come from america, UK, Scandinavia and maybe a few from Italy... Aren't there any other bands from any other countries? This is where MTV comes in...

The best bands in the world are the underground ones...

Cheers and take care :)

Italy??? If you mean Rhapsody or any kind of similar crap, I'd prefer to listen to Madonna..... And I'm not joking!