Alternative Rock that does not suck.

nope, but they rock too. :headbang:

just some real basic alt-rock stuff with attitude laced vocals, real catchy, and just plain LOUD. speed and snow2fall will know, or tell me i'm an idiot because there's nothing close to the letter k in their name.

check out MEW, songs like "snow parade" or "she-spider" simply RULES!!!! theyre one of the few really great bands rock bands Denmark spawned lately. i could mention many more, but most of them has already been mentioned (all hail RADIOHEAD, INTERPOL, PORCUPINE TREE, KENT, MUSE, SOUNDGARDEN, FAITH NO MORE, ETC.)

oh yeah ... check out THROW RAG ... www.throwrag.com

saw these guys live some months ago and they kick some major ass ... some punk influences there ... but overall ...another no bullshit band.

Gonna see The Cure this Sunday. :hotjump: Just been invited by a friend. But before, there's some packing to do: Heading to the Up From The Ground fest tomorrow morning to see Dark Fortress, Primordial and some other cool bands. There's a good weekend ahead. :dopey:

AWMM said:
My rock collection is anemic. Can some of you fine blokes give me some bands that don't play absolutely contrived pretensious bullshite? I'm not looking for anything overly technical. Just good ole standard rock that will make you rock your head back and forth in fervor. Certainly there must be 1 or 2 good modern bands out there?
Bathory.:headbang:

Zod

I saw one of the members or ex-members of those guys in San Francisco a few months ago; call me gay if you want but I thought she was amazing.

Mormagil said:
I saw one of the members or ex-members of those guys in San Francisco a few months ago; call me gay if you want but I thought she was amazing.

Leslie Feist? She sings on the albums not sure if shes a member though. Apparently she is amazing I've been meaning to check her out.

i used to know a german children's song, my grandfather used to sing it to me. i can probably still do it but i'm sure the accent is way off and my spelling of it would be nearly unintelligable. i think his grandparents were from germany, i'm not on the up and up with my lineage though.

that's about the extent of my german, other than this:

scheiße :Spin: