Am I insane for not being a big fan of Iron Maiden?

As great as Maiden have been & they have influenced so many other metal bands...i think my knock on them would be- very repetative at times & not capturing there true power in the studio.Thier 3-guitars at times barely sounds like 1 and as good as Nikko & Harry are,thier rhythm section over the years needed to be louder = bad production!

As great as Maiden have been & they have influenced so many other metal bands...i think my knock on them would be- very repetative at times & not capturing there true power in the studio.Thier 3-guitars at times barely sounds like 1 and as good as Nikko & Harry are,thier rhythm section over the years needed to be louder = bad production!

I think the guys in Maiden are too nice, they are probably dying to get rid of Janick...(with his flopping around like a fish out of water on stage) He has some of the WORST solos I've ever cringed at. Janick is a nice guy, but geez:puke:

I think the guys in Maiden are too nice, they are probably dying to get rid of Janick...(with his flopping around like a fish out of water on stage) He has some of the WORST solos I've ever cringed at. Janick is a nice guy, but geez:puke:

Yah, they should get rid of Janick. I think if they did they would return to their glory days sound. He's a setback for them.

Yah, they should get rid of Janick. I think if they did they would return to their glory days sound. He's a setback for them.

Oh yea ? I guess you would have to see them live to know that ? I like quite a few of the newer songs, some of them might get a bit too long in the tooth. Bruces voice seems to be fadin a bit, more noticable on MoL&D I think than Dance of Death.

Oh yea ? I guess you would have to see them live to know that ? I like quite a few of the newer songs, some of them might get a bit too long in the tooth. Bruces voice seems to be fadin a bit, more noticable on MoL&D I think than Dance of Death.

I like the last few Maiden albums...the only ones I don't think too much of are the Blaze-era albums. I just think Janick, though a nice guy, is a hindrance. Musically, he screws things up a lot. You always know in a Maiden song when he's...ummm..I guess you have to call it.... soloing. Tends to sound like a mumbling parrot.

I like the last few Maiden albums...the only ones I don't think too much of are the Blaze-era albums. I just think Janick, though a nice guy, is a hindrance. Musically, he screws things up a lot. You always know in a Maiden song when he's...ummm..I guess you have to call it.... soloing. Tends to sound like a mumbling parrot.

Ok, I'll listen see if I can hear what your talking about.

They both are the biggest influences in metal besides Sabbath. And even though Priest put out Turbo, and Ram It Down- Maiden-X Factor and Virtual XI...at least they didn't have fans screaming and foaming at the mouth with frustration like Metallica did when they snubbed their fans- (referring to Lars saying after their Grammy win "we're not a metal band")-and put out some sub-par albums since 90' I know that some people like those Metallica albums..fine, to each their own, but, at least with the wise Maiden, and Priest, they know what made them heavy metal Icons in the end, and went back to what they do best.

exactly except the new maiden album was too prog for me

And even though Priest put out Turbo, and Ram It Down [\QUOTE]

Thing is, those albums still have decent stand out songs on them whether you like the production or not.

I agree with Janick, sadly he has carved a time in the band long enough to surpass Adrian, besides the guy puts on the show like Ramses mentioned and Maiden as a live act is a lot about the show, sometimes even above the music IMO. That's why the new tour is so puzzling to me they are going to play songs from albums Janick wasn't there and were composed for two guitars.

exactly except the new maiden album was too prog for me

For me is long and boring more than prog, but again Kevin Shirley is the producer and he use to produce Dream Theatre albums.

Oh yea ? I guess you would have to see them live to know that ?
I really don't care what he does live. I see the show 1 time and it's over. But i do care what a "guitarist" does on a album. Because I listen to that album over and over. Not just 1 time. Janick is nothing. Smith/Murray are the true sound of maiden's guitars. Janick is a afterthought.

I agree with Janick, sadly he has carved a time in the band long enough to surpass Adrian, besides the guy puts on the show like Ramses mentioned and Maiden as a live act is a lot about the show, sometimes even above the music IMO. That's why the new tour is so puzzling to me they are going to play songs from albums Janick wasn't there and were composed for two guitars.
Read my reply just above and as for the new tour. The music is composed for 2 guitars but 3 or more can play it in harmony or he can play strictly rhythm guitar while the other 2 play lead. But anyways perhaps it is a sign that they will get rid of him finally after this tour.

You're not insane!You shouldn't have to defend yourself for the fact that you you don't like a certain band.But I'll tell you I personally have been playing the Iron Maiden and Killer's CDs alot lately,and they still rock!!!

You guys remember when Janick fell off the stage, back on the Brave New World tour? My band used to kinda make a joke about the rest of the Maiden guys pulling Janick aside and telling him they needed him to play keyboards...and then of course he'd say "ok, sure!! I'll get me a keytar so I can still run around!"

Maiden doesn't know how to play a power chord and therefore have very little power in their guitars. I "like" Maiden and respect them, but they don't make my top 25 bands. I like Dickinson, but musically (though technical for their time) something is missing.

Bryant

Bryant

As we sit here & nitpick on them...i just watched DOTR live dvd & was reminded just how great Maiden is! "Brave New World", "No More Lies","Hallowed..",& "Paschendale",were some of my fav. tracks off this live dvd.

I sit here pondering..... "how do I learn how to play a power chord, you know, so as I can be sure Im doing it right? " ...............