Am I Wrong?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Should a vendor charge 4 to 5 times the price of a product just because its rare? Even though they paid regular cost for it? I can understand charging say $80 for a DVD package if tyou paid $60 but if you paid $25 for it should you charge $110.00 for it. Sounds a bit fishy to me. Also this is a new product, not like the value went up in years either.

Capitalism at work. Fair? Maybe not. But that is what makes the business world go 'round. Just be a smart consumer and look elsewhere. That's your right...and duty!

If I know what you're talking about, you're talking about CDInzane charging $110 for the Japanese version of Sonata Arctica CD/DVD set with the extra couple of things.

$110 - F no. I mean honestly... For a choker tag, and an extra song on the CD (Which is on the DVD).

Unless they got ripped off when they bought them, but damn!

Yippee38 said:
Supply and Demand. A fair price is what the market will bear.
Bingo! They are free to charge whatever they like, the consumer, in turn, is free to buy, or not....simple. If no one buys their product at this price, they will know they have priced themselves out of the market. This will lead to them lowering the price to a competive level...the free maket is a wonderful thing when allowed to work.

On the contrary, our best friend. As a seller, it means you get as much as the market will bear. As a buyer, you know the product will be available. Things priced below their actual value tend to sell out.

Like Progpower tickets, which in some years probably would have sold out at twice the price.

The_Q said:
Should a vendor charge 4 to 5 times the price of a product just because its rare? Even though they paid regular cost for it? I can understand charging say $80 for a DVD package if tyou paid $60 but if you paid $25 for it should you charge $110.00 for it. Sounds a bit fishy to me. Also this is a new product, not like the value went up in years either.

They can charge whatever they want, but don't be dumb enough to fall for it! I'd do my homework to make sure you can get it at a better price.

If it's the same vendor that I'm thinking you're referring to, then they'd probably tell you they don't have many left and then turn around and tell the next person they have plenty of them. Yep, it happened to me, because two of us progpower fans happen to be friends and live in the same place and talk about this shit too! Basically, the both of us caught them in a lie, without even trying to. The subject just happen to come up in our usual music conversation. It wasn't this particular item, but one similar that came out over a year ago.

Needless to say, the vendor gets very little, next to none of my hard earned money! :Smug:

The bottom line is, honesty always pays off in the end!