Amazon MP3 Quality Questionable?

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
I just got my debut EP uploaded to Amazon MP3 and bought one of my own tracks to judge the quality. Now I know it was going to be less than steller being a 256k mp3 file, however it actually sounds worse. The main factor being that it actually "pumps" like crazy. I uploaded 16 bit 44.1k wavs to tunecore for the distribution of which was perfectly good, no clipping, no pumping nothing like that. I can even put a 256k version alongside the Amazon mp3 and it dosen't have these pumping artifacts.

Now if I pay for a mp3 from one of these download sites I expect as high quality as possible but this seems even below par for an mp3!

Has anybody else been dissapointed by the quality of their music once being uploaded to the distribution sites? I don't know what they use to down-scale the wav's but I think it sucks balls!

/Rant:kickass:

Im actually thinking of putting a "mp3" deal on my merch page of which you can choose your format *320k, FLAC etc* and ill personally sell the EP in proper HQ rather than these knock offs.

Get a bandcamp page man. You can download stuff in whatever format you see fit.

Put it this way, I'm a nazi and won't buy this shit unless I can get lossless. SO BANDCAMP THAT SHIT :D

Uploading as we speak! Seems to convert all the files from the single wavs you upload which is sweet!

Ill be pushing this link alot more than the Amazon one thats for sure \m/

True, it offers HQ MP3 in a few formats along with FLAC and Ogg/Acc/ALA. Still if theres no pumping on the mp3's it flaws the Amazon bought ones straight away and thats what im after!

Get the FLAC encoder and transcode to wav, you won't be losing any quality.