America under attack!

Originally posted by terria
:err: reminds me of some parts of future tense... what frightens me most is what this stupid imbecile idiot of a president thinks to be necessary to show the world that no one should fuck with america...
couldn't have said it better myself...

let's hope the seeds we plant can carry the weight of our crimes

Zanex you said it man... Timothy Leary where are you now... The world does need him, goddamn this place is really shit when you look at it through government eyes, eat the sacred mushrooms and watch as the boundaries erase and people become tolerant and loving in nature

...I am still shocked beyond belief at today's events, inconceivable in their horror, devastating in its magnitude, and beyond the limits of human understanding and the notion that we as a species are capable of such savagery toward our own race is enough to tear your very soul inside out, an entire nation brought to a standstill and a catastrophic loss of life in a span of hours. As a lifelong resident of the NYC area, this is unquestionably the most tragic occurence to have happened in my short lifetime, and it still seems to me implausible that every time I look at the Manhattan skyline just miles away from my home in Brooklyn, I will see a void where a wonder of the modern world once stood proud. I express infinite sorrow towards the victims and pray that survivors will still be found amidst the ruins, and hope for immediate punishment against the people responsible for this barbaric act of inhuman cruelty.

I don't want to sound sappy, but for those of us on the west American coast (California), strange things have happened. Everything was closed today. And somehow, in some strange way, I--and many of my friends--feel more proud to be American than we ever have. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing, but it is fact.

All of us shed tears today. Many of our brothers and sisters died today. I never before considered them brothers and sisters, but I do now. These events have somehow turned America into less of a "melting pot," where each is to his own, and more of a real country, where we are all equal. There is a tremendous sense of nationalism that surrounds us that I don't think existed before today. Deep down there is a lot of beauty that came from today's disaster.

People are standing above freeways, dangling red, white, and blue flags, showing support for our nation; I have never seen that before. I think this is good. And I feel bad for "those who harbor" whoever performed this action (Afghanistan?). They will not last long.

Do any other Americans out there agree?

Everything happening today and all that we read on this board is a big wake up call for many of us.

The bottom line in all of this is that there is always a balance of inherently good people and inherently evil people, whereas great accomplishments will take place in this world as well as infamous acts of death and destruction.

This is the balance of humanity.

Now, what good is and what bad is may always be in the eye of the beholder. Unfortunately for many today, one man's glory and purpose meant death for thousands.

Horror happens around the world, around the clock. It is only when such a well documented, graphically displayed and widely broadcast attack is displayed before us that we are reminded of the true nature of humanity and that this happens all the time on one level or another.

No one has the right to blame anyone (including the governement of the United States) until the mastermind(s) is(are) caught, tried and convicted. This is the process that must take place, imo. The later may never happen that easily, but it is the character of such process that allows this dualist humanity to progress...

Just a few words after seeing all of this today.

Originally posted by Unregistered
Greece is nothing but a third-world shithole compared to the United States! We (U.S.) are not perfect, but we certainly don't condone this sort of terrorism. If you think this is acceptable then you are truly fucked!

I am Greek and I agree with what you say. Wasn't it that the USA have been giving directions to our goverment about solving terrorism and airport security? Protection from hijackers?

The only one who is to blame is our own selves!

Why must it be USA or Greek (since I am Greek) Goverment's
fault, when in the next election day we all will be there (it is such a nice event; girlies wandering about, people looking at you because of your "discusting" Obituary or Cradle Of Filth t-shirt and you being proud about that etc)?
And who can say that I blame my goverment when I only do it through a forum (thank Wendy for this). Of course opinnions are good to be exchanged, but please think and sincerely answer this question:
- Who of those we are arguing about will give a shit about what is posted on this and any other forum/chat room/mailbox etc.?

It is a good laugh for them to read these posters, they might make some great announcement about change of course, but no real change. That is the way I think it goes.

You might, of course, say "OK! And what do YOU do about that?"
Well the answer is known. It has been known for ages: "Nothing. I just keep posting to this forum and writing e-mails to prevent the flow of the river called SOCIETY/SYSTEM". HA!
As far as this ongoing arguing with Dragonlord, I only have to say that some truths hurt real bad. And many of the Dragonlord's words are truths. But the ones who killed themselves were "sheep made to follow", propably blinded by religious fanatism and very much likely guided by another "USA president", only this one is with the bad guys.
Correct me if I am wrong but someone must supply them with guns, right? This means a lot of money. Where do they get them from. Could it be the gundealers do it for the sake of their good will?
These are questions posted to this forum to help prevent these acts happen again.
Sometimes just shouting outside a goverment building isn't enough, especially when this building is noise proof.
Well that is all I have to say. I leave you with some lyrics:
"Got no love for politicians, kill them all.
No debate about what's right or wrong.
Got to make a change, got to make them fall
Help me sing this song"

P.S. Keep arguing. Makes them feel successful and keeps you busy. Just don't kill each other. We need all the Metal Fans we can get...

Guys, I don't think there is the smallest use of pointing at each other and blaming nations. Seems that we gotta face something together, something huge and horrifying.... Thousands of INNOCENT people died yesterday. And we, all of us will suffer from these attacks soon. The stock exchanges closed for yesterday (some are still closed), the price of the oil went up, this means that everything will be more expensive, etc.... So it is not only about the meaningless killing but the effects that come after. And I got tons of e-mails today predicting things for the upcoming days..... Even if that was a unique day of death and it won't continue, I am shocked by it. I never ever expected to see anything like that. Seems like I was acting in a very bad sequence of Die Hard yesterday......

All my prayers go out for the innocent victims and their families. Let's take good care of ourselves and each other!!

You ppl are acting like it happened for the first time!There are wars raging in Africa where innocents die every day,why did THIS shock you so much?Wake up,the world is not the way the TV shows it.It happens every fuckin day dammit,why should we care only if the victims are American or European?
I was expecting some more thinking from fans of the band that has written Poison God Machine...
THE TV LIES...AND PACIFIES

I think it's time for all of humanity to stand as one and say "NO MORE" We can not sit in our 'safe' homes and just shout at eachother about how we have wronged each other. WE need to make a stand as a species, make sure that all would be terrorists know that the world will not stand by and let them kill maim and generally cause chaos and pain with out reprocussions. The orginizations, and the countries who harbor them and aid them will feel the wrath of those who were wronged. This may sound cold (especially for a mother of a 17 month old) but the good of the many outweighs the good of the few. ANY terrorist actions ANYWHERE should be met by swift and harsh military actons......not just by America but by all of the peace loving world......this is a problem that recognisis no borders, and has no regard for the innocents that perrish in the attacks. If people know that they will DIE HORRIBLY if the aid and/or participait in terrorist actions then they might just think twice about doing them. Think about it, after the US droped nukes on Japan the world was quiet for a while. I'm not suggesting or condoning the idea of nukes, but something needs to happen. I griev for those who were lost yesterday, and those who will be lost in the comming future. This world is harsh, that is a reality that I think we all need to face. as my mother used to say..."if you can't shit get off the pot"......in another words.....do something USEFULL.....if enough of us stand together WORLD WIDE then mabye something can change......we are all living on the earth....it's time we take responsibility as one people, not as one country.....but as fellow humanbeings.

thank you for your time in reading my long winded poast.

Faith

Originally posted by Dragonlord
You ppl are acting like it happened for the first time!There are wars raging in Africa where innocents die every day,why did THIS shock you so much?Wake up,the world is not the way the TV shows it.It happens every fuckin day dammit,why should we care only if the victims are American or European?
I was expecting some more thinking from fans of the band that has written Poison God Machine...
THE TV LIES...AND PACIFIES

Did you not read HoserHellSpawn's post at all? You are certainly free to have your opinions, but your continued insistence does nothing but imply that these deaths were somehow trivial, justified, and deserved.

We care because we are human. The fact that deaths occur all over the world everyday does not lessen the heartache we feel when the people close to us die.

Unfortunately, I am very much awake...

are you an american?......do you see the things that happen here?....or are you speaking about and baseing your opinions off of secund hand knowledge?.....if that is correct then please try to speak to Americans......get the feel of the PEOPLE......not the government.....

Originally posted by Unregistered

Did you not read HoserHellSpawn's post at all?
I've answered his post.That means I've read it.
You are certainly free to have your opinions, but your continued insistence does nothing but imply that these deaths were somehow trivial, justified, and deserved.
I have already stated that I DON'T AGREE WITH THE DEATH OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.If you can't read,that's your problem.
We care because we are human. The fact that deaths occur all over the world everyday does not lessen the heartache we feel when the people close to us die.

Unfortunately, I am very much awake...
I agree,I care too.Some people though seem to be shocked,while your government does the same things every day.I have known fear with the wars at Yugoslavia-maybe it was about time you learned how it feels too...so far all you are doing is make wars away from your country,maybe if you know how it feels you'll think twice the next time you agree on another war for your economical gain.
People,READ the first post of this thread.It's not about grief,it's more about revenge.All I'm trying to make clear is that this action was probably revenge to the US on its own;it was not an action with no reason at all.Do you think that these people gave their lives because they had nothing better to do?

I aggree with the fact that the American people needed a wake up call......but I grieve for all those who were touched by this tradegy......and I grieve for the loss of innocence that this event has caused. I know that I will never be the same, the idea that we are not as safe as we thought we were hurts. I think a lot of eyes were opened.......and through the grief I realise that the people of my country have been brought that much closer. The fighting of different cultural backgrounds that are here might not be as much as it was two days ago.....and we might become a more united people......in this I see that the loss of life may not have been in vain........

that's right you are, cocky fuck...

just because there are wars in other countries doesn't make it more acceptable for other people to die...

shit man I agree that there should be more media attention given to those countries, but guess what it ain't gonna happen...

so not giving medicine to Iraq is the same as killing thousands of people (i know you didn't say that, but you mean it)

you make it sound like america is the most evil country in the world, and while they do many fucked up things, they also do many great things...you just want to focus on the negative...

Originally posted by Cthulu
that's right you are, cocky fuck...

just because there are wars in other countries doesn't make it more acceptable for other people to die...

SHIT AM I TALKING TO RETARDS HERE?HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT I DO NOT SUPPORT THESE DEATHS,OR THINK THEY ARE MORE ACCEPTABLE.I only said that it came as a natural reaction to your politics.This was probably the only way these people could find to react to such a big force as the US.If they had warned you,they would never stand a chance.
shit man I agree that there should be more media attention given to those countries, but guess what it ain't gonna happen...

so not giving medicine to Iraq is the same as killing thousands of people (i know you didn't say that, but you mean it)
People and children especially are dying there because of lack of medicine for years now.
you make it sound like america is the most evil country in the world, and while they do many fucked up things, they also do many great things...you just want to focus on the negative...
Maybe it is,maybe it isn't.Truth is,as long as they have chosen to act as the world cops,they must be 10 times more careful at their actions-and they have exposed themselves to criticism.

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:56:25 -0400
TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES
This, from a Canadian newspaper, no less, is worth sharing.

America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from
Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his
trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least
appreciated people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and
Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and
forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its
remaining debts to the United States. When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it
was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of
Paris. I was there. I saw it. When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United
States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes.
Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped
billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the
decadent, warmongering Americans. I'd like to see just one of those countries that is
gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the
world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why
don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?
Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese
technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about
American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times and safely home again.
You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at.
Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless
they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.
When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who
rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an
old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to
the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans
in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.
Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get
kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled
to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one
of those."