American Revolution

InFlame00

Sep 14, 2003
Norrköping,Sweden
Visit site
I've started to read about the american revolution (the war of freedom) and I find it pretty cool! Is this war somthing that makes you americans proud or is it just a typical boring subject in school? Sorry for being boring :(

History as a class was boring, but the subjects discussed were interesting.

You don't hear to many people my age (20) saying they are proud of America. Although I think the revolution was pretty cool. It certainly was a battle that we can thank for our current existance as America.

I think we had the upper hand in that war. Maybe we were outnumbered and not as armed. But we had the odds. There armies had to cross the ocean which is quite a task itself, and bring loads of supplies. We were very familiar with the terrain, so we had an advantage their.

The battle is inspiring.

Those guys were crazy. Wait until you see the whites in their eyes before you shoot! Speaking of that war, the movie The Patriot rocks.

Oh, and it sucks ass to learn about in school. Boston Tea Party, Bunker Hill (i think), ... that's all I remember...

That's funny, in Quebec's school they teach us some american history, like the boston tea party and stuff, but I doubt they teach any of Quebec's history in american school. Yes, we do have a history of battles and such.

AsModEe said:
That's funny, in Quebec's school they teach us some american history, like the boston tea party and stuff, but I doubt they teach any of Quebec's history in american school. Yes, we do have a history of battles and such.
yea i dont think they did teach much of that. not in high school at least.

if you think about it... how could we not have won? those idiots marched into battle standing in a line waiting to be shot at. I think the civil war was probly most interesting, as far as american ones go.

abigailwilliams said:
if you think about it... how could we not have won? those idiots marched into battle standing in a line waiting to be shot at. I think the civil war was probly most interesting, as far as american ones go.

Didn't both sides stod in a row, taking each turn at fire their guns?
When they were out of bullets they began killing each other with their hands.
Damn it must have been raw back then.

While historically inaccurate, The Patriot is a killer movie. It does give a pretty good idea of what revolutionary battles were like, and Mel is awesome in it.

img0024.jpg