Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

So boys and Girls, what is your thoughts about "Deceiver of the gods" now after 1 week give or take of listening of the album? For me it´s all super! I think it´s their best album since WOOOS. I really love it! Really great songs and as an album it is a fucking masterpiece, all A++++++++++ songs! Still worshipping "Warriors of the North", it is so epic and really getting to my feelings by text and music...:)

Further back in this thread I ranked Deceiver of the Gods third overall behind Versus the World and With Oden on Our Side. I stand by that now after listening to the album 20+ times.

I know Hel has been a sore spot for some but I still really like it. It is the only AA album besides Versus the World where I like each and every song almost equally! I honestly do not have a favorite or one or two that I would skip.

If I were forced to chose my favorite 3 songs from the album they would probably be:

As Loke Falls
We Shall Destroy
Warriors of the North

So boys and Girls, what is your thoughts about "Deceiver of the gods" now after 1 week give or take of listening of the album? For me it´s all super! I think it´s their best album since WOOOS. I really love it! Really great songs and as an album it is a fucking masterpiece, all A++++++++++ songs! Still worshipping "Warriors of the North", it is so epic and really getting to my feelings by text and music...:)

I stand by my review. I am new to Amon Amarth, but that won't stop me from loving their work with DOTG.

As for the "Father of the Wolf" video clip, I am looking forward to the full version.

Heavy-M said:
but Amon Amarth have done much better IMO.

I definitely hope that that is the case, that'd be fucking awesome! \m/

Out of all the songs on DOTG, Father of the Wolf is the last one I was looking for in a video, as far as epicness goes. Maybe because of the mid-tempo style. It has this catchy tune that would appeal to a lot of new comers but rings less to my ears as did other video clips such as Guardians, Pursuits, Cry of the Black birds had in their days.

Yeah I would much rather see one of the fast-paced songs in a video. Blood Eagle could be a brutal one, as could Under Siege. But I guess it's also about which one has the best opportunity to be put into a video, and under a certain budget etc.

Out of all the songs on DOTG, Father of the Wolf is the last one I was looking for in a video, as far as epicness goes. Maybe because of the mid-tempo style. It has this catchy tune that would appeal to a lot of new comers but rings less to my ears as did other video clips such as Guardians, Pursuits, Cry of the Black birds had in their days.

I totally agree.

Blood Eagle would get my first vote, then Under Siege. Father of the Wolf just seems... weird, if I may say so. But who knows, maybe they decided for it because they themselves think that the song will be popular with people.

I totally agree.

Blood Eagle would get my first vote, then Under Siege. Father of the Wolf just seems... weird, if I may say so. But who knows, maybe they decided for it because they themselves think that the song will be popular with people.

I must say, that I really like the song - and at least for me - the title is so beautiful! However of course not only the title is what I like, though of course I love it. And there is so much you can use for a video clip anyway.
Still I'm not ready to give a resume about the album, just can say that I'm absolutely happy with it. Words are not my friends. But for sure, "Hel" takes it's way upward for me more and more, the groove is so cool.:) Nice experiment in any case.

Im thinking that the Father of the wolf video could be a longer (than the album version) clip, mini-film with a story. Could be why we got a preview of it? Or maybe thats just me getting misguided by the end credits of the clip that looks like a movie... :loco:

From the AA fb page:

"We are hard at work forging the massive video for "Father Of The Wolf". "Video" is an understatement. We are constructing an epic & brutal film to accompany the song. Until we finish it to perfection which will be soon please enjoy the trailer which is just a taste of what is to come..."

Holy shit, I was right about it being a movie :yow:

Sounds like they're just saying that it's going to be a really epic music video, i.e something a bit more interesting than just the band playing in a dark warehouse like most metal music videos these days seem to be.