Amon Amarth Tour Update

rms

Dec 14, 2006
Buffalo, New York
There will be a series of meet and greets on our North American tour. The meet and greet will be half an hour long beginning from when doors open. We are looking forward to meeting our fans in person and we'll try to make them happen at every show. Unfortunately due to time restraints, we will be unable to have a meet and greet on the dates where there will be in store signing sessions.

Because of the recent tragic events, Decapitated will not be able to be part of the North American tour. We are deeply sadden by the events and are disappointed that our metal brethren will not be able to share the stage with us.

We've tried to find a replacement for Decapitated but it has been impossible. We've deicided to play a longer set and throw in some songs that we either never played live before or haven't played live in a very long time. And we think we have a set list that will please both old and new fans!

We are really looking forward to hitting the roads in North America and finally do a full 90 min set. We hope that as many of you as possible will be able to catch the show!

Scheduled in-store signing so far:
12/14 @ Scrape Records, Vancouver, BC 5 PM to 6 PM

11/19 SAN DIEGO, CA - House of Blues
11/20 PHOENIX, AZ - Clubhouse Music Venue
11/21 ALBUQUERQUE, NM - Sunshine Theatre
11/23 SAN ANTONIO, TX – White Rabbit
11/24 DALLAS, TX - House of Blues
11/25 HOUSTON, TX - Meridian
11/26 NEW ORLEANS, LA - House of Blues
11/27 ORLANDO, FL - Firestone
11/28 ATLANTA, GA - Masquerade
11/29 CHARLOTTE, NC - Tremont Music Hall
11/30 WEST SPRINGFIELD, VA - Jaxx
12/01 WORCESTER, MA - Palladium
12/02 PHILADELPHIA, PA - Trocadero
12/03 NEW YORK, NY - Irving Plaza
12/04 POUGHKEEPSIE, NY – The Chance
12/05 MONTREAL, QC -Medley
12/06 TORONTO, ON - Opera House
12/07 CLEVELAND, OH - Peabody's Down Under
12/08 CHICAGO, IL - House of Blues
12/09 ST. PAUL, MN - Station 4
12/11 DENVER, CO - Gothic Theatre
12/12 SALT LAKE CITY, UT - Avalon
12/14 VANCOUVER, BC - Croatian Culture Centre
12/15 SEATTLE, WA - El Corazon
12/16 PORTLAND, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
12/17 ORANGEVALE, CA – The Boardwalk
12/18 SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Slim's
12/19 LOS ANGELES, CA - Avalon

We've tried to find a replacement for Decapitated but it has been impossible. We've deicided to play a longer set and throw in some songs that we either never played live before or haven't played live in a very long time. And we think we have a set list that will please both old and new fans!

We are really looking forward to hitting the roads in North America and finally do a full 90 min set.

Is it just me, or does that contradict itself? "We've decided to play a longer set" and "Finally do a full 90 min set"

I hope they weren't originally planning on a set shorter than 90 minutes?

I'll probably be going to this show. After seeing them two winters ago opening for Bodom, then last winter as direct support for Bodom...it's good to finally see them reach headliner.

Amon Amarth played only FIVE songs (25 min.) in the SOTU tour this year and hit the stage BEFORE Job for a Cowboy and even NECRO did. What a shame!!!

I flew from ATL to CLE just to see them because, at that time, I didn't know they're headlining another US tour this year. What a shame on me....

Anyway, I'm so happy to see them again. The Masquerade will be destroyed by the Swedish power quintet of doom on Nov. 28.

With 4 bands it isn't unheard of for a headliner to only be 'given' an hour long set. Especially when the package is really hoping that Himsa and Sonic Syndicate are draws.

AA rocks but while I am glad that they are touring it seems I will not be able to see any of the shows. Work:mad: and Vacation plans take me out of seeing of the best bands around.:cry:

When did this happen?

Don't quote me as I didn't time it. But I believe Dimmu Borgir was between an hour and an hour and fifteen minutes. Coheadlining tours, Slayer was given about an hour to an hour and fifteen. I think the same was for Dragonforce/Lacuna Coil.

When I saw In Flames they only played between an hour and an hour fifteen as well.

As much as I love Amon Amarth, I'm not sure there'd really be any point to a set longer than 90 minutes for them. So I wouldn't be surprised if their normal headlining set is shorter than that. It's not like they can break it up in the middle by bringing out the stools and acoustic guitars, or trotting out their epic atmospheric noodling prog freakout. 90 minutes is probably about all that an average neck can take before snapping in half.

Neil

As much as I love Amon Amarth, I'm not sure there'd really be any point to a set longer than 90 minutes for them. So I wouldn't be surprised if their normal headlining set is shorter than that. It's not like they can break it up in the middle by bringing out the stools and acoustic guitars, or trotting out their epic atmospheric noodling prog freakout. 90 minutes is probably about all that an average neck can take before snapping in half.

Neil
On one of the discs on the DVD their set checks in at 2 hours and 8 minutes. They played a ton of songs, and had a couple small breaks that included Viking warrior reenactments. I'm guessing that 90 minutes would be about perfect for Amon Amarth.

Britt

Don't quote me as I didn't time it. But I believe Dimmu Borgir was between an hour and an hour and fifteen minutes. Coheadlining tours, Slayer was given about an hour to an hour and fifteen. I think the same was for Dragonforce/Lacuna Coil.

When I saw In Flames they only played between an hour and an hour fifteen as well.

Interesting. As DragonForce and Lacuna Coil were co-headliners I'm okay with the 60 min and 90 min slots being divided into two 75 min slots. Aside from a co-headline situation I'd expect a headliner to deliver at least close to a 90 min set.

On one of the discs on the DVD their set checks in at 2 hours and 8 minutes. They played a ton of songs, and had a couple small breaks that included Viking warrior reenactments. I'm guessing that 90 minutes would be about perfect for Amon Amarth.

Britt

Thank you for the time, I was about to ask if skyrefuge had seen Wrath of the Norsemen. That headlining set on the first disc is amazing.

Ahh, the Atlanta show is two nights away-- I can't wait.

Set list spoiler, for those interested...

Intro
Valhall Awaits Me
With Oden On Our Side
Death in Fire
Versus the World
Asator
The Sound of Eight Hooves
Hermod's Ride To Hel
(New intro with crow sounds)
Cry Of The Black Birds
The Fate of Norns
Thousand Years of Oppression
Down the Slopes of Death
Bleed for Ancient Gods
Runes To My Memory
Encore:
Victorious March
The Last With Pagan Blood
The Pursuit of Vikings

Under the Northern Star has also been popping up in the set....