Amon Amarth Tour Update

Unbelievable show! And the best part is, Himsa canceled for today's show. Word going around the venue was that today was one of the member's birthdays, so they decided to go party instead of play. Shows where their priorities are. I actually really enjoyed Sonic Syndicate's set which is surprising since I can't stand their album. They also replaced "Last With Pagan Blood" with "An Ancient Sign of a Coming Storm" and since that is one of my favorite songs from them, I was pleased to say the least.

Unbelievable show! And the best part is, Himsa canceled for today's show. Word going around the venue was that today was one of the member's birthdays, so they decided to go party instead of play. Shows where their priorities are. I actually really enjoyed Sonic Syndicate's set which is surprising since I can't stand their album. They also replaced "Last With Pagan Blood" with "An Ancient Sign of a Coming Storm" and since that is one of my favorite songs from them, I was pleased to say the least.

Himsa cancelled.. .idiots. Atlanta is like a metalcore haven.

So who played before Sonic Syndicate? I saw on masquerade's site that there was one local opener, and I briefly checked them out before going. I arrived though just as the band before Sonic Syndicate was ending (heard like one song).

Sonic Syndicate was enjoyable. Their music isn't my favorite, but hell at least they have energy up on stage. Some in the crowd were very dickish. But whatever.

Amon Amarth was great. I spent too much money on merch. Every band should have a 'flag'. But it was a great show. At times the sound quality was top notch as well. One of the better shows I've seen actually. Good time.

I think there were around 300-400 people there, but that's a rough guess. Very eclectic crowd too. Different from most metal shows I've been to. You had some punks, goths, biker metalist, overly puffed up body builders, pagan metalists, power metalists, grungy people, and more.

The band before Sonic Syndicate was Bury Me Breathing. They seemed influenced by Through the Eyes of the Dead, The Red Chord, and bands like those. They sounded great, but one thing bothered me: I CAN'T WAIT FOR AMON AMARTH TO PLAY!

Anyone knows the name of the band who played before Bury Me Breathing?

A local band called Silence Syndicate.

That HIMSA cancellation was most excellent-- my neighbor and I made sure to hang out a bit longer than planned at oft-maligned Super 8 before catching our cab-- we arrived in time to see the last song from Silent Syndicate, hear the news about HIMSA, see the other Syndicate, and then the might Amarth.

Granted, the band needs to eat and whatnot, but I think the merch was way overpriced...

Great end to 30 days of metal-- Between the Buried and Me on Oct 28, Enslaved/Arsis later that week, and then AA last night-- those guys are truly 'crushers'...

Can somebody tell me what we're looking at as far as merch prices go and what they had available for sale? (Amon Amarth, that is)

About standard prices for tour merch, basically.

I think Nightwish spoiled all of us Atlantans. At the Jonathan Davis/Godhead show last weekend, I was needling the guys in Godhead over their $20 shirts. "Gee, I dunno, Nightwish's shirts were $10....." :lol: