Amon Amarth's "Fate of Norms" - Opinions?

Here's the cover:

423675.jpg

spaffe said:
yes the vocals where the best part of that album, i agree with you there, but overall i found it too slow and lacking some real punch, which is very much present in the crusher and avenger (song such as "fury divine" and "legend of a banished man"). i've not very good at specifying just way i don't like (as you may have noticed :p) it since i know less than zero about production, instruments and similar things etc hehe

I haven't heard The Crusher or Avenger yet, so I can't really judge "Vs..." in comparison to those two. I thought the album had a really full sound and was pretty consistent, but I can certainly see where your coming from about it being slow and lacking punch as it is a very slow to mid paced album. The vocals were great though, deep and forceful and that's probably one reason I really liked the album.

I've listened to it extensively now and it's really grown on me. At first it felt weak compared tot he old albums, but not any more. This band simply can't do anything wrong. 9 days to AA at Wacken \m/