Bad Blood
Silver Bride
On Rich and Poor
Into Hiding
Hopeless Days
House of Sleep
Black Winter day

Turned out to be awesome.

I'm glad the NYC show got postponed as I couldn't make it there today :) at least I'll have another chance to catch that headliner set in the city

Reactions: Eurynome and Brell
It ended up being for my guest spot set I saw:

Death of a King
Bad Blood
Silver Bride
On Rich and Poor
Into Hiding
Hopeless Days
House of Sleep
Black Winter day

Turned out to be awesome.

I'm glad the NYC show got postponed as I couldn't make it there today :) at least I'll have another chance to catch that headliner set in the city

Of course it was awesome. (And congrats on getting a second show you can make it to.)

Reactions: Brell
Incredible band live. Not even speaking of presentation or stage presence...

But how smooth their live sound is.

Amazing musicians

Wow, this weekend could not have been more perfect! Amorphis truly is the best live band I've ever heard. Every second was flawless and overflowing with passion! They were so nice during the meet and greet, and graciously signed the few things I brought. Amorphis delivered beyond any expectations! Superb!!

Attachments

• 20170326_185030.jpg
    20170326_185030.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20170327_015731.jpg
    20170327_015731.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
Hopefully, as it looks like they won't be rescheduling another NYC show because of the storm the first time. Fkk

Note to self: next time show up closer to 10 pm. Four bands on before Swallow the Sun, two of which were young and none of which were memorable.

Swallow the Sun started a bit distracted since the last band on before them screwed up their monitor mix, but they still sounded good. I missed seeing Juha and Aleksi on stage with them, but they sounded the same as always and remain utterly distinctive. Such an absolutely clear step up from what preceded them. Always great to hear "These Woods Breathe Evil" live.

God damn but Amorphis sounds great right now. House mix was really clear and everyone was so very clearly hearing each other and relaxing into the songs. Skyforger has become an absolutely epic live song with the growls in place of the harsh vocals for the "In solitude I measure out..." section of the song.

Crowd in Anaheim was much smaller than the venue, but still a few hundred people, and very receptive. Lots of people with Amorphis shirts on and lots of horns, headbanging, and singing along. Very much a more enthusiastic night than last time I saw them headline. Seems like they have grown in popularity here over the last eight years.

Reactions: Eurynome and Brell
Sampo and Skyforger were a nice surprise! I wasn't expecting them in the setlist!

It shouldn't be that shocking that they sound so good live, but it kind of is. I mean, I've seen bands that are ten times bigger than them that didn't sound as good. When I saw them the first night in Wisconsin, I know the sound in that venue is absolutely dreadful, even Swallow The Sun sounded kind of meh....but Amorphis got up there and sounded magical. The only other band I can remember seeing that could compete with Amorphis, as far as how they sound live, is Rammstein.

I've heard Opeth sound as good, especially at their 25th anniversary show, and Gojira usually sounds great as well, but Gojira has a much less cluttered sound. Amorphis, however, has definitely got their shit dialed in right now -- loose, without being sloppy -- as you can hear in this vid from the show at the Whisky the night before:

Sound quality was similarly good at The Grove where we saw them.

ETA: Or not...user took down vid. :bah:

Last edited:
Yeah wasn't gonna traverse out to the shithole that is Amityville.

Fucking snow had to ruin the NYC date.

Oh well, I'd think this USA tour was a big success for them after having not been in so long. Lots of sold out shows in decent venues for how known Amorphis is here in the states.

They should be back.

The Helsinki gig at The Circus on September 23 will apparently be streamed live free of charge. No further information on which platform it will happen.

There's also a raffle contest where you can win a VR headset for viewing the show.

My friends...today has been a glorious day! I did not expect that Amorphis would come back to the US so soon, but it looks like we're getting a nice Fall tour! This package is insane!! Amorphis, Dark Tranquillity, Moonspell, and Omnium Gatherum!!! Christmas is coming early this year!!

Sep. 07 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theater
Sep. 08 - Montreal, QUE - Cafe Campus
Sep. 09 - Quebec City, QUE - Imperial de Quebec
Sep. 10 - Toronto, ONT - Opera House
Sep. 11 - Ft Wayne, IN - Pierre's
Sep. 12 - Detroit, MI - Harpo's
Sep. 13 - Joliet, Il - The Forge
Sep. 14 - Minneapolis, MN - The Cabooze
Sep. 15 - Winnipeg, MB - Park Theatre
Sep. 17 - Edmonton, AB - The Starlite Room
Sep. 18 - Calgary, AB - Dickens
Sep. 19 - Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theater
Sep. 20 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Sep. 22 - Berkeley, CA - The UC Theatre
Sep. 23 - Anaheim, CA - City National Grove
Sep. 24 - West Hollywood, CA - Whiskey a Go Go
Sep. 25 - San Diego, CA - Brick By Brick
Sep. 26 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
Sep. 27 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
Sep. 28 - Salt Lake City, UT - Liquid joe's
Sep. 29 - Denver, CO - Herman's Hideaway
Oct. 01 - Dallas, TX - Trees
Oct. 02 - San Antonio, TX - Rock Box
Oct. 03 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
Oct. 05 - Tampa, FL - Orpheum
Oct. 06 - West Palm Beach, FL - Kelsey Theater
Oct. 07 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
Oct. 09 - Louisville, KY - Diamond Pub and Billiards
Oct. 10 - Durham, NC - Motorco
Oct. 11 - Baltimore, MD - Soundstage
Oct. 12 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
Oct. 14 - Clifton Park, NY - Upstate Concert Hall

Nice! I'll definitely be at the Joliet show. Want to try to go to Ft. Wayne IN too, but not sure I can swing it. Both are in the middle of the week.

We have three shows in the area here, but that's the week before college starts and I'm going to be hard pressed to make a weekday show when I have to prepare classes. Fortunately, the closest show is on a Sunday.