Amorphis Gigs

Damn those unlucky circumstances are the worst. Its amazing how well shows usually are set up day after day and how rare problems occur, with how much can go wrong at any time

Reactions: Brell
So yesterday it was exactly a year ago that we saw - no, experienced - Amorphis live. :headbang: I can't believe it's been a year... This was the setlist:

Death Of A King
Sacrifice
Hopeless Days
Bad Blood
Silver Bride
The Four Wise Ones
House Of Sleep

There was no way back after this. :saint:

So yesterday it was exactly a year ago that we saw - no, experienced - Amorphis live. :headbang: I can't believe it's been a year... This was the setlist:

Death Of A King
Sacrifice
Hopeless Days
Bad Blood
Silver Bride
The Four Wise Ones
House Of Sleep

There was no way back after this. :saint:

That's a really good set, although interesting they didn't bring out an older track. I guess House of Sleep is now considered old. How time flies.

Yeah, it was great! I do believe they did a Tales track at another show during that tour (maybe more, but I saw at least one somewhere in a setlist online). Then again, The Red Cloud was just released, so I can imagine they wanted to focus especially on that album.

Solid gig last night with a top notch atmosphere, as usual for Oulu :) We had a rare occurrence at the start though; the PA system blacked out during the intro tape and we heard nothing but drums when they started. They heard themselves through the ear monitors just fine though, and it was only somewhere in the second verse of Two Moons when they realized something was wrong. Luckily it was a simple problem and they restarted the show after a couple of minutes.

Hoping to find out soon what sort of merch is coming along with them across the pond. Need to know how much $$ to bring.

And my StS hoodie is nearly worn out, too. Picked it up when they were here supporting Soilwork and Darkane.

Yeah, good show. Warbringer, Swallow the Sun, Darkane, Soilwork at a tiny little club north of San Diego that somehow managed to land bigger bands than they had any right to. The stage was right next to the bar and there was no backstage area at all - soundbooth was a loft above the bar. We were there early and went in to eat. Got to talk to Dirk Verbeuren from Soilwork and Mikko and Matti from StS while they were waiting around and watching Warbringer set up.

That's awesome! Have fun man! Report back to us about the setlist!

Overkill, Nile, and Amorphis....What a strange but awesome combination!!

Yeah I'm really hoping to make the NYC headline show but I just started my literal career a few weeks ago and the show is on like a Tuesday, few hours away and there's no way I could take two days off for both day of and day after the show ; (

Been waiting years to see Amorphis too and I'll have to settle for a special guest spot... Fuck

Damn...that's a bummer. Hopefully they'll start coming to the states more frequently and you'll get to see them next time around.

For special guest spots supporting Overkill it looks like:
-Death of a King
-Bad Blood
-Silver Bride
-On Rich And Poor
-Into Hiding
-House of Sleep

No My Kantele :( but I'll still have a great time, gonna be sick

Still sucks can't make it to a headline show tho

Man, six songs is way to short of a set for Amorphis. I think Amorphis should get a longer set than Nile, but maybe I'm just biased.

But I'm confident that they'll come around again with the next album!

I'm sure they would like to. Think we have to wait on attendance and on political bullshit related to travel and exchange rates before seeing if they return on the next tour cycle.

Grab it while you can and hope. It's been six years wait for me since last I saw them and I'm glad to have seen that one-off gig or else it would be eight years.