An Adam D. mixing: Before and after(clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause thats totally My Children My bride song 1 is totally Faithless haha but yeah. you guys are fucking sick i'll be seeing you dudes on febuary 8th at cains with as i lay dying

yeah i never was really that happy with the mix(especially for how much we paid him for it). I think there was an issue with the DI tracks we sent him though. He said they were too bassy, so it made the guitars muddy...hence the muddy guitars.
who knows...could have just been an excuse so he didnt have to re-reamp everything

i definately don't have nearly as much experience as adam d but what's so terrible about using a highpass eq on "bassy" tracks?

i always thought cutting bass was harmless whereas adding highs via plugins could be problematic, however at the end of the day if it sounds good, thn it doesn't always matter how you got there and these mixes sound pret-T good.

i think his mix is pretty sweet...

any chance you could also make one of the original tracks downloadable? you only made the final ones able to download and it would be nice to a/b in cubase

Hey brian!! wasup man? hmm.. however i seems to like all of the mixes! Wish i cud mix like this sumday.

ps: Any plans to tour to Asia? Im looking forward to watch Misery Signal and Parkway Drive to come to Malaysia soon... and yeah, ive just added ur band @ myspace |m|

honestly, i could have done this better

you shoulda paid me to do it brian, haha

also, the rough version of this stuff is seriously raw (dont judge me on it!). i dont reach for an eq unless im ready to print the song.

yeah i never was really that happy with the mix(especially for how much we paid him for it). I think there was an issue with the DI tracks we sent him though. He said they were too bassy, so it made the guitars muddy...hence the muddy guitars.
who knows...could have just been an excuse so he didnt have to re-reamp everything

well he can't be trusted. he told a day to remember that i didnt even send him the di tracks. they were asking him to mix their album but were afraid it would end up sounding like the mcmb record.

Drums are actually DFHS(joey use to do programmed drums for most of his metal stuff, though not quite as much anymore i think.)
Adam replaced the snare and kick, but left the toms i believe.

And if anyone was wondering, the unmixed version guitar was pod xt pro using the soldano knockoff model.

for the record people, i dont do programmed drums anymore

honestly, i could have done this better

you shoulda paid me to do it brian, haha

also, the rough version of this stuff is seriously raw (dont judge me on it!). i dont reach for an eq unless im ready to print the song.

haha i agree. I said that in the first post too! Your newer stuff especially sounds awesome.

well he can't be trusted. he told a day to remember that i didnt even send him the di tracks. they were asking him to mix their album but were afraid it would end up sounding like the mcmb record.

wow really? Well he did mix their new album, and it has the same muddy fuzzy crap guitar tone basically. :puke:
Maybe he just sux at reamping? Because i really like the tone on parkway drive's album and on several other albums he's engineered.

Wait. Wtf aren't you in my children my Bride?

I knew I had heard those vocals before and the music sounded so familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it! This album is in my car right now, I feel stupid.

I've been rocking the album for quite awhile now and personally think Adam did a great job. It sounds good and heavy. The guitars sound better than a lot of what I hear these days. I can actually tell what's being played. It may be a little fizzy, but that only sticks out if I focus only on it.

I'm a little disappointed that the drums were programmed. I can hear it more now that it's been pointed out, but I'm still impressed because it doesn't really sound programmed. Just sampled replaced like 98.5% of metal.

Anyway, I don't see anything to complain about. As a listener I enjoy the music and how it sounds. I can't remember for sure, but I may have picked the album up after seeing it on a list of albums Adam has had a part in.

P.S. I can't believe you have a song about Halo. It rocks, but wtf? :lol:

I don't really like the mix, from the little I heard from Joey I too believe he could've done a better job... Guitars have a lot of fizz in it, I don't really like it! And for the money you guys paid him, and I'm guessing a pretty nice amount... and judging by his reputation you should've ended up with a better mix

i honenestly fucking loooooove your work joey. Oceano Sounds fucking crisp as fuck, and i also love adam d's shit i mean sure he's overated but i love his work with mcmb on the vocals and did he really do a day to remembers new cd? i can't get over how fucking great it sounds

I think the Adam D mix sounds good, personally. If I had anything bad to say about it, to me the cymbals are a little overbearing, loud with a bit too much high end (and the system I'm listening on is a little dark if anything).

But, I wouldn't say this sucks by any stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.