An Adam D. mixing: Before and after(clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any tips/ideas on what Adam did to the vocals on this? They sound so good after he mixed it (no offense Joey, I know it's raw and everything)

[UEAK]Clowd;7989439 said:
Does anybody have any tips/ideas on what Adam did to the vocals on this? They sound so good after he mixed it (no offense Joey, I know it's raw and everything)

i havent checked what brian posted
but i think i sent adam raw prints (edited vocals, but no compressor or de-esser)

when we tracked, i was running a 1176 emulator and it was sounding pretty B-A, all it needed was EQ

we tracked through a SM7B, and it really worked for his voice

unfortunately i think i ran it through the great river pre, which i no longer like!

i havent checked what brian posted
but i think i sent adam raw prints (edited vocals, but no compressor or de-esser)

when we tracked, i was running a 1176 emulator and it was sounding pretty B-A, all it needed was EQ

we tracked through a SM7B, and it really worked for his voice

unfortunately i think i ran it through the great river pre, which i no longer like!

I remember matthew just holding this mic with no stand or pop filter(as well as videos from other bands doing the same thing). I've tried recording vocals with no pop filter before, but all the "p's" and "t's" sound bad.

whats the deal with that? You vox obviously dont have any weird issues without a popfilter

I remember matthew just holding this mic with no stand or pop filter(as well as videos from other bands doing the same thing). I've tried recording vocals with no pop filter before, but all the "p's" and "t's" sound bad.

whats the deal with that? You vox obviously dont have any weird issues without a popfilter

you dont need a pop filter with a sm7b (the microphone is located like 6inches back from the closest surface to the mouth)

i only use this mic on a few projects, not every

the mic was on a stand for matt, didnt you see that?

i use a pop filter with my condensor

Status
Not open for further replies.