An Emperor forum

I've listen to IX Equilibrium plenty of times. Pulled it apart..

But I just don't like it as much as the other albums. Don't know why. Sure, some of the songs on it are fantastic, nay, most of the songs are fantastic. But Decrystalizing Reason, and Warriors of Modern Death just seem somewhat mediocre, and they don't catch me. And the whole album seems segmented. Unlike their other albums that while they aren't all concept records all seem like a single unit. This album does not, it is in peices, and feels even incomplete. The music on it is superb, but still seems to fall behind Anthems, even though a few songs like Curse You All men, Icarus, Sworn, Nonus and the final track are complex.

This is a wonderful album. An amazing album. Just not as good as the others.

Promethius still hasn'
t lost anything, and I've listened to it at least 50 times now. And I keep hearing more each time I listen to it..

The complexity and feeling of this album is mind bending, and I feel great sadness that emperor is no more.

But on the other hand, maybe they wanted to call it quits at their musical peak, in case they turned crap in their later years like sop many other bands...