Anathema in Milan

Melkor

DiSSecTioN
Nov 18, 2001
Italy
Visit site
Wow!! A great concert guys! For many moments during the play i had goose-flesh... for example, when they played Deep... their second song played, i wasn't ready for that so early :) Well, about 2 hours of great music...

For me yesterday's concert was very very ugly....When Anathema played, seemed an oratory group....On cd it's another thing...Vote: 5

Originally posted by from the Cradle
For me yesterday's concert was very very ugly....When Anathema played, seemed an oratory group....On cd it's another thing...Vote: 5

i don't know anathema so well and so i didn't get all the emotions a real fan should feel in such an occasion, but i really enjoyed the show: good performance, great voice till the end, a lot of energy, good tracklist and a beautiful cabaret, as vincent himself said :lol:
oratory group? (btw, what did you do in your oratory????) ...you're referring to the audience, i guess; what can i say? you should be right, but i think it perfectly fitted with the atmosphere (i mean, when it seems you are in a gothic/candle-lighted/cemetery your most chaotical actings are restrained)!

...and if you're not referring to the audience but to the band, well, i admit that probably they're not the most charismatical band ever, but this doesn't make that show an ugly one. i mean, we wanted 'em to play and they did it well and they were nice, we can't mourn at all.
then, i don't think it's possible to make a comparison between a band live and how do they sound on the album, 'cause they're different things, they provide you different emotions. what you can get from a live performance, even if the sound sucks, is far from being even guessed when you're in your room listening to the stereo.

let me ask you one thing: did you noticed the bassman on stage????? was he there???

:confused:

Originally posted by mourningstar

let me ask you one thing: did you noticed the bassman on stage????? was he there???

:confused:

Ehehe.. i noticed that too... the bassman was a 15 years old teen i think.. He played all concert long in the back side, on the corner... uhm.. i don't know who he was and why he didn't come near the front... :confused:

Originally posted by Melkor

Ehehe.. i noticed that too... the bassman was a 15 years old teen i think.. He played all concert long in the back side, on the corner... uhm.. i don't know who he was and why he didn't come near the front... :confused:

ehehehe....young boy...:)

on the concert i went the first 30 minutes he didnt even mentioned the bassist... then out of nowhere he says: "Ah! that's ..." it was so euforicaly that I can't remember the guy's name. And he was just standing there... he seemed bored to his skull. On the Dying Wish middle part when they do those random sounds he just standed there for 2 minutes playing the same riff... it broke the feeling... i think the middle part should be erased because it's really bad performed... and the end.. the second best part of the song (the best is "where echonia wept...") when he says: "and i would die now... for one last wish" and you would hear the fingerpicked guitar part i dont know how they did but it was below average. Anyway all the others songs where played with skill and feeling above the albums... except the ones from AGDTE... nobody liked those very much...

Originally posted by LoboUivante
on the concert i went the first 30 minutes he didnt even mentioned the bassist... then out of nowhere he says: "Ah! that's ..." it was so euforicaly that I can't remember the guy's name.

no!!! did they mention that guy's name? (or maybe vincent said some "ehm-ehm-bla-bla" in order to hide his lack of memory and it sounded just like a name). damn, it'd have been a "oh-so-moving-moment" ;) is it possible to form a fan/fun club now????

On the Dying Wish middle part when they do those random sounds he just standed there for 2 minutes playing the same riff... it broke the feeling...

nah, it was a welcomed hypnotic and relaxing moment which allowed me to reach the barman without getting into the excited flow.

... except the ones from AGDTE... nobody liked those very much...

:cry: [i'm gonna be polite 'cause i love portuguese people, so... _no comment_!!] :)

Originally posted by Lord S
maybe it's cos he's only a touring member and not officially in the band so he prefers to stay out of the limelight?

His name is George Roberts, and i think he is really shy and dont want to get any antention in the band. He is not a permanently bass player, but he played much better than the previous fucker Gay Pybus who is a terrible bassplayer.

to morningstar:

<<On the Dying Wish middle part when they do those random sounds he just standed there for 2 minutes playing the same riff... it broke the feeling...

nah, it was a welcomed hypnotic and relaxing moment which allowed me to reach the barman without getting into the excited flow.
>>

i know... but thats on the CD... in the show Vince asked the drummer banging thing (hey im portuguese!... and my dictionary isnt working) and got on his knees grasping his guitar... result about 2 or 4 minutes with ramdom sounds and a voice distortion that didnt worked... you are right about the barman issue though :) but i was too much excited to drink, that was the only song i lost my grip. One Last Goodbye was just great and during 99% of all the songs me and another guy were singing with real feelings... *sigh* that concert marked me.

<<... except the ones from AGDTE... nobody liked those very much...

[i'm gonna be polite 'cause i love portuguese people, so... _no comment_!!] >>

well... i want to give a full listen to AGD bla bla bla but im too hooked on Katatonia - Dance of December Souls and Brave Murder Day is beggining to make sense, Dark Tranquility - Mind's I and Anathema - Crestfallen (good old times *sigh*)

Originally posted by LoboUivante
i was too much excited to drink

is there any feeling which doesn't deserve a drink? ;)

One Last Goodbye was just great and during 99% of all the songs me and another guy were singing with real feelings...

mmh... and what about the 1% left? just curious...
[/B]

<<is there any feeling which doesn't deserve a drink? >>

:lol: you are right there, but... it was anathema... and when i drink i only stop when im reallyyyy happy.

<<mmh... and what about the 1% left? just curious... >>

ok it wasnt only 1%, it was about 10 or 15%... its that those where the songs from AGDTE... although i memorized one part were he says "ai ai ai" :rolleyes: thats a bit cheesy :p