Anathema? King Diamond? Porcupine Tree?

I really enjoy Anathema when I am in the mood. I haven't listened to them as much lately. I really like "Judgement" and "Alternative 4"(very Pink Floyd-ish).

Porcupine Tree are steadily growing on me as I have been listening to them so much lately. I really love "Signify" and "Lightbulb Sun". The first cd I got was "On the Sunday of Life...", which is also good. "Lightbulb Sun" is probably my favorite album that I've heard. I have gotten several live shows lately, great stuff.

King Diamond is very good from what I've heard. I have trouble getting past his vocals, but musically they are great. I really enjoy the concepts behind some of their songs dealing with ghosts.

Originally posted by D Mullholand
Porcupine Tree I do actually like - "Lightbulb Sun" and "Recordings" are their strongest; the other albums have a varying share of weaker songs, and their "space-rock" moments like "Voyage 34" are far from the best space-rock out there.

I just went out and got recordings - I walked into the record shop,m bought the cd and the owner started talking about the band. I never realised, but they come from around where I live, their drummer quite often shops in the place I got recordings, and all of them live within a few miles of me :eek: :eek: I was surprised! :D :D