Anathema related : Biebob gig - january 21st 2004 - Enlist !

Morpheus said:
Holy shit Arnaud, I' m sorry to hear that!!! Wish you're getting well as soon as possible!!! :wave:
yeah, we really missed you,
but instead of you coming to belgium for the gig, we we all can come to paris if they will play there later this year

It was a very good gig in my opinion, allthough it was obvious that it was the first gig of the tour. Pretty heavy set the guys played, didn't expect that. I hoped for "are you there?", but that didn't happen. But it was great, yes sir!:Spin:

That was sooooo NOT a heavy set.. Don't get me wrong.. i like the new as well as the old Anathema.. But the new songs just don't work for me in a live setting.. Maybe if they do it the Opeth Damnation-way, sitting down and all.. "Pulled down by 200 metres/sec" and "Fragile Dreams", they were played nice and heavy.. but the rest was way to relaxed for me.. I'll keep listening to all of their cd's, but I think I will skip them next time they play liive :(

skip? well, yeah of course you can skip. when they play benelux 10 times a year even i would fuckin skip. :mad:

Judge gsz said:
It was a very good gig in my opinion, allthough it was obvious that it was the first gig of the tour.
yeah, some things went a bit wrong there! rather funny for the public(for me anyway), not that funny for the ones on stage i guess :tickled:

I found the gig to be very good!

The backside of it was the audience (boring + clapping way to early at the end of songs and thus ruined the nice flow of the songs + singing along too loud...)
The other backside of the gig were the tiny technical problems, but hey, these things happen

I am really very curious for future gigs of them, since they started to experiment a little bit more. (the decoded voice, the "effect-riffing",...) Sometimes it didn't work out very smooth, but it was very nice nonetheless. Just imagine what it will be like in the near future :cool:

And i can't forget Lee!! What a voice, what a performance!

I'll post a link to me pictures in a couple of days (they're quiet good i can say)

ps. next time vinny opens a can of Karlsquell, he needs to be a bit more carefull :loco: