Anathema supporting HIM?

Hmm.. I picked up Razor Blade Romance by H.I.M. last year and I was turned off by the cheesyness. However, I heard some songs off their older release, "Love Metal", and it wasn't bad. Not bad at all. I wouldn't mind seeing em live.

Anathema... Very awesome band. I don't have anything past Judgement though. Its a shame that some bands loose their death metal side like The Gathering and Therion, but for bands like Anathema and Katatonia, they somehow pull through and still kick ass.

xXBraveMurderDay said:
but for bands like Anathema and Katatonia, they somehow pull through and still kick ass.

Yeah, i have never been on concerts of Anathema, but i have seen them on DVD and i was blown away. For some ppl who think Anathema are gays i recommend to wash away lubricant form their passive arses and go listen to HIM=)

HIM played with Cathedral? Interesting combo.
I have seen Ville Valo wear Cathedral shirts.
He seems to be a fan of a lot of different styles of metal which is cool.

HIM on the surface may appear to be trendy faggoth or whatever the insult term these days is, but they are catchy as hell.

Jasonic said:
HIM played with Cathedral? Interesting combo.
I have seen Ville Valo wear Cathedral shirts.
He seems to be a fan of a lot of different styles of metal which is cool.

HIM on the surface may appear to be trendy faggoth or whatever the insult term these days is, but they are catchy as hell.

It's interesting, is it Ville's wish to play with Anathema?

HIM's catchy, it's a must for pop music to be catchy imho

my only comments on HIM are that:
a) all of the music i have heard of theirs sounds the same (granted, i havent heard much, and i know that most bands have at least a few good songs)
b) the whole 'love metal' thing almost seems like a contradiction of terms, the only time i would like to use those two words together would be "i love metal" or something similar
c) they do seem to suck a lot, its barely metal and its not about the music (my god, a HIM trench coat? i would anyone pay £200 on a leather coat with some stupid heartagram on it? ok, i know someone will have so no offence)

but the real purpose of this was to say that i was pretty shocked that Anathema were touring with them, to the extent that i complained so much my friends shouted at me a lot. i also complained because of the date being in january, it meant i was going to be able to go. but i'm happy now, cos one of those HIM fools slipped on a road and hurt himself, so consequently the tour has been delayed until april, and i am definately going to try to go.

sorry for the huge post

Bottom line,
If you were in a band and HIM asked you to support, you would do it!
You would be a fool not to.

Love em or hate em, HIM is made up of guys who are really into all genres of metal and punk rock. Sure, on the surface, it appears to be all about image.
They could easily pick crappy one hit wonder major label garbage to open for them (and probably sell more tickets), yet it seems they pick bands they like (such as Cathedral and Anathema)

You have to respect them for that, even if you don't like their music.

discouraged1 said:
i guess ville is a fan of many good bands and he asks them to play with them, like cathedral, anathema, and who knows? maybe katatonia too some day

speaking of which, i remember reading an older issue of closeup magazine and ville stated katatonia as his swedish fave band... so the guy has (had) some good taste!

I think I'm going to one, should be a fun show, HIM played quite well when I saw them, was an impressive concert.

HIM's nothing special to me (they're all right), but Anathema sure as hell is.

What a great band—one of my favorites.

Aaron A. said:
HIM's nothing special to me (they're all right), but Anathema sure as hell is.

What a great band—one of my favorites.

I agree with you. they get a lot of crap for changing their style but i don't see the problem. they never went mainstream and hopefully never will, it would suck walking around surrounded by 12 year olds in Anathema hoodies. on the other hand, they do deserve the credit. anyway, they did their old style of doom well, they do their rock just as well.:headbang:

Blakkheim said:
speaking of which, i remember reading an older issue of closeup magazine and ville stated katatonia as his swedish fave band... so the guy has (had) some good taste!

Jep. As far as I know he likes K. VERY much. He said that Viva is one of his fav album for all time.

i was so amused reading this thread. faggoth *giggles*
man it blows when ppl are so centred on their own style, i mean everyone should learn to appreciate different things and styles. hehe which reminds me how i went to see god dethroned, just because leaves eyes were the supporting band, it was awesome (plus i met some cool ppl). I mean if the band has a really low probability of going back to that specific country, might as well just stop being a stingy f*ck, and go see the show and enjoy.