Anathema Unable to Perform as Full Band During US Tour

It most likely is.

By the way, somebody mentioned the Anathema Live in Budapest bootleg (acoustic). If anyone ever has a chance to listen to this, it's a beautiful concert. It really does show what the Cavanagh brothers usually says about their acoustic duo shows... it's the spirit of Anathema in its purest and rawest form.

Milt, what is the best way to get this? From what I see it's on a bunch of torrents but those things scare the shit out of me due to being infected by one once. :lol:

I'd never heard of that forum but I just checked it out and that's how I found out minutes ago that District 97 is playing here on Friday. Tickets are pretty pricey but I might check that out. Hope Neil's enthusiastic posts about them here and on other forums pans out!

Yeah, they are touring with Agents Of Mercy. I've seen AoM before and I'm seeing District 97 at RoSFest this weekend, so I have no reason to trek up to Baltimore to see them.

Thanks,
I seriously had no idea. I am not familiar with Porcupine Tree at all, aside than by name. I was curious who they were, since Anathema were opening for them.

Thanks,
I seriously had no idea. I am not familiar with Porcupine Tree at all, aside than by name. I was curious who they were, since Anathema were opening for them.

Check them out, it's really good.

And by the way, this is going to be so beautiful:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, a lot of people over at Progressive Ears are getting their panties in a bunch over this.

ha, yeah, I continue to be baffled by the reaction. I guess if people were buying tickets so they could scrutinize the polyrhythmic hyperblast technique of drummer John Douglas, then I understand why they don't want to go anymore. Or if they were going just so they could take part in the furious circle pit during "Thin Air", yeah, then it makes sense.

Maybe it's a disconnect between prog-nerd habits/expectations when confronted by Anathema which is really more of a singer/songwriter thing.

I found out minutes ago that District 97 is playing here on Friday. Tickets are pretty pricey but I might check that out. Hope Neil's enthusiastic posts about them here and on other forums pans out!

heh...I don't know if I was *that* enthusiastic about them. Certainly worth seeing for a reasonable price, but I don't want to be blamed for overselling them. :)

Serious question...

Who the hell is BLACKFIELD????

http://tinyurl.com/6bt55b3

Neil

So I know it has nothing to do with Anathema, but now I guess Jordan Rudess will be doing a solo set as Blackfield's opener on the dates post-May 31st.

Overall a good show. Anathema used some guitar loops to fill out their sound. They actually played stuff from a few albums, tho I was only familiar with "Flying" from "A Natural Disaster". The set was less than an hour.

Blackfield was also pretty good, tho it was Aviv Geffen that was rocking the wierdness, coming out wearing an LED covered jacket, then toward the end of the set he took off his shirt and was wearing it on his head for one song.

While I was there, I ran into Scott Loose from Brave and While Heaven Wept and talked to him for a while before the show.

Someone posted on Progressive Ears that they overheard one of the band members say that the reason why the full band couldn't come over was due to plans for a South America tour falling through and that because of that it wasn't financially viable to bring the whole band. Given how short this tour is, I can understand that logic.