...And Justice for All

At times, Leper Messiah is a 'skip' track for me. It's the only song to let down MoP IMO. Although, having said that, Thing That Should Not Be gets a little boring, especially with it being so long.

Criticizing Metallica songs on the first four albums is pretty futile anyway, since even the 'bad' songs are still brilliant. Each album is a 10/10 either way.

JayKeeley said:
Each album is a 10/10 either way.
No way. :loco:

The Song That Should Not Be irritates me, but like you said, there are no bad songs on the first four albums, just a few just aren't quite up to snuff.

SunlapseVertigo said:
The Thing That Should Not Be >>>> Leper Messiah.

TTTSNB is a very underrated song, awesome vocals and lyrics, hypnotically heavy riff, great song.
I do agree, Leper Messiah is just god-awful compared to the rest of the album, but TTTSNB in all its glory is just tooooo looooonggggg!!!!11 *echo*

Hmmm, I remember liking TTTSNB. Aren't the songs And Justice for All and Master of Puppets a lot longer?

Yeah, but they actually have variety. When it comes to thrash (and similar stuff) 10 minute songs with less than 2 riffs are stupid.

TTTSHB wasn't 10 minutes, wasn't it like 6 or 7? AJFA and MoP were around 10 minutes. The song AJFA always came back to the same stupid chorus. That song got on my nerves after minute 5

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Just look at your signature, those two dudes don't have the same arc, and they're just smilies.

AJfA is exceptionally long as well, but it never tires for me. Seeing it live on the Justice tour was amazing, because that's when Lady Libery starts to crumple on stage...

MoP is long, but the variety keeps it going.

Like NAD said, TTTSNB is 2 riffs for what feels like an hour. This 'aint Darkthrone. :loco:

Are you complaining about MOP songs just to piss me off or what? I can agree with Leper Messiah being the weakest on the album but that's as far as I'll go.