And The Winner Is....

Originally posted by A Journeys End
ME!!! Why? Because I am in the process of selling my "Blackwater Park" CD and getting 85% back of what I bought it for new. This album is not interesting at all. Its kinda sad that Opeth can pretty much shit on a paper plate and most of their fans would adore it. :mad:

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

now that's an intelligent answer, lol! I hope you don't become like this when you listen too much to BWP.

BTW: A Journeys End: I partly agree with you...BWP is my least favourite Opeth album and I also think that it isn't as good as their other albums (It's the only Opeth album that I haven't bought- I don't have a copy of it either). But come on...but why do you call it "shit"?? It's better than at least 90% of the releases put out by other bands nowadays.

Whoa, desolation. No matter if you disagree completely with the thread starter (I do), there's no need to be a fucker about it.

I can understand if you don't like the album and think that it isn't as good as their previous albums but shit on a plate is a little extreme. To say that there is no progression on BWP, than that is simply incorrect. They HAVE progressed with every album they did (ESP. Blackwater Park), that is a fact, NOT an opinion.

Its also sad that some of you Opeth fans can get all worked up over my opinion

and i find it said that you had to go to the official message board and post this to get some attention.

Yes, it is your opinion that you think that BWP sucks, i don't really give a shit about that and you haven't really mentioned exactly why you think this (proper reasons). Maybe it's because you're a superficial prick that doesn't like BWP because this is when Opeth started to get famous. Maybe not.

Did it ever cross your mind that the people who adore BWP DON'T think it is shit on a plate and ACTUALLY like the album?

People are taking this whole "i can say what ever i want, it's my OPINION" way too far. If you want to express you opinion go ahead but do it for the right reasons, not to get attention from people (which you have gotten. Congratulations).

Meh, I dont really blame you. I think it isnt as good as those too albums myself. MAYH is my favorite still. But I dont think its as bad as you say it is. Plus, if Opeth did shit on a plate and sell it, it would still sound better then most bands IMO. :p

I think it's vaguely amusing to watch the drama that goes on here. It's funny not because you hate the album, I really don't care if you do, but because you felt the need to post something inflammatory here, where you know all the rabid fanboys will completely chew you up. So basically, you don't like an album, THANK GOD YOU TOLD US!!!! Let me go make a note of that. It's just as dumb as the people who make a post "Wow, don't you guys think that <insert Opeth album here> is the greatest thing ever??? It's so sweet. I'd suck Mikael's dick if I could!" Followed by 25 posts of "yeah, it's the best man, i agree, rock on! Opeth is brilliant!" If you like music, or hate music, that's fine, but the fact that you needed to post here to stir up drama on a message board is pretty pathetic attention whoring.

Its also sad that some of you Opeth fans can get all worked up over my opinion :eek:

Can you honestly tell me you think "B Park" is superior to "Still Life" and/or "MAYH"? Sorry, but when a band I like reaches a certain level I don't like to hear them regress. With "B Park" I hear nothing but the band going through the motions of making another album. And not even a good album at that. Same situation happened with Meshuggah on "Chaosphere" (IMO). Now, I didn't care for the new Vintersorg at all, but I can at least appreciate they tried something new with their music. I do not hear any "progression" in "B Park", none at all.

Yep I definitely think BWP is superior to Still Life and MAYH. There's a lot of progression in BWP, especially in the production and their more refined use of multiple guitar tracks. The vocals are Mikael's best up to that point, and I believe he's improved his song structuring a lot on BWP. Anyway I could go on forever, my point is, regression it is not.

ME!!! Why? Because I am in the process of selling my "Blackwater Park" CD and getting 85% back of what I bought it for new. This album is not interesting at all. Its kinda sad that Opeth can pretty much shit on a paper plate and most of their fans would adore it. :mad:

Please note that this is my opinion, and it is subject to change at anytime without warning.

BWP is my favorite Opeth album (we'll see about Deliverance which I've heard). I like the production much better, which is important to me. I hear a progression in Mikael's voice - it's matured. Now on the song Deliverance off the new album - it is absolutely the best drumming I have ever heard in an Opeth song.

Some listeners (not necessaily you) get stuck on bands at certain points, and blank out to progression. What you hear as a step back is only because Opeth's progression has moved away from what you ears tell you is good music. I disagree with you, but that's only MY opinion.

So sell away - that's your right. and your opinion is just that - yours, which you are entitled to. I just feel sorry for you. :p

BTW - pretty brash statement to assume you know everybody here and think we'd adore Opeth's shit :rolleyes: , unless of course you are speaking from experience.

Originally posted by Nico16

...but why do you call it "shit"?? It's better than at least 90% of the releases put out by other bands nowadays.

I actually didn't mean to call that particular album shit, but it came across that way so I just went with it. I meant that Opeth COULD shit on a paper plate and most of their fans would still adore it. As for it being better than 90% of other releases, that figure might be a little high, but I understand where you are coming from. I'm upset and critical of it because I look at their previous releases and something went seriously wrong on BWP.

Originally posted by bleed for me
and i find it said that you had to go to the official message board and post this to get some attention.
Uh.... lets see.... I post it here because this is a message board, it is Opeth related, and I am and have been a Opeth fan for years.

Maybe it's because you're a superficial prick that doesn't like BWP because this is when Opeth started to get famous. Maybe not.
Lets see.... I have no idea how many albums they have sold of ANY Opeth release, and don't really care. I judge their albums by the music.

Did it ever cross your mind that the people who adore BWP DON'T think it is shit on a plate and ACTUALLY like the album?
Of course! Once again this is a message board for Opeth fans. 1: I am a Opeth fan. 2: My topic is Opeth related, not to mention MY opinion which was stated as such.
People are taking this whole "i can say what ever i want, it's my OPINION" way too far. If you want to express you opinion go ahead but do it for the right reasons, not to get attention from people (which you have gotten. Congratulations).
I have obviously hurt your feelings, allow me to squirt some tears for you :cry:

Originally posted by IntoObscurity
I think it's vaguely amusing to watch the drama that goes on here. It's funny not because you hate the album, I really don't care if you do, but because you felt the need to post something inflammatory here, where you know all the rabid fanboys will completely chew you up. So basically, you don't like an album, THANK GOD YOU TOLD US!!!! Let me go make a note of that. It's just as dumb as the people who make a post "Wow, don't you guys think that <insert Opeth album here> is the greatest thing ever??? It's so sweet. I'd suck Mikael's dick if I could!" Followed by 25 posts of "yeah, it's the best man, i agree, rock on! Opeth is brilliant!" If you like music, or hate music, that's fine, but the fact that you needed to post here to stir up drama on a message board is pretty pathetic attention whoring.

Well Mr. Obscurity and your 28 total posts, care to fill me in on what a message board if for exactly?

The biggest sign the board has gone to crap is when people start complaining it has.

Not every place is perfect, and i'm sick of people saying 'ohh I'm not happy with this so I think the board has gone to crap'.

Just stop it.

Originally posted by Opethfan1980
God, this board has turned into crap now.

Every other post is some fucktard posting about how he is better than Opeth now, and how he doesn't like them anymore, and how pathetic all of their fans are.

Fuck this place.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody made you read this thread, or post (twice).

So because I have 28 posts on this board means I have no concept of what message boards are about? Believe it or not, there are other boards out there besides the GODLY OPETH BOARD. This board is for discussion, and if you wish to come here and tell us how shitty an album it is and how righteous you are for selling it back, that's swell, but that gives anyone of us the right to tell you that you're an idiot for posting useless garbage.

Originally posted by IntoObscurity
So because I have 28 posts on this board means I have no concept of what message boards are about? Believe it or not, there are other boards out there besides the GODLY OPETH BOARD. This board is for discussion, and if you wish to come here and tell us how shitty an album it is and how righteous you are for selling it back, that's swell, but that gives anyone of us the right to tell you that you're an idiot for posting useless garbage.

You contradict yourself sweetpea... now go sit in the corner.