And then

the original concept (or lack thereof) behind this thread is rather nice, but seriously, replies show you guys repeating yourselves faster than an avalanche colliding with a very fat person. it's weird that this board's new generation of members goes through the same motions of the previous one, and still it seems without as much feeling.

it's probably just my mood, but it feels washed up. nevertheless, i'm actually glad new people can experience the notorious "dark tranquillity board dating system for single metalheads" or try their hand at being ironic in english.

Yeah, it's just your mood, says Me.

And you shouldn't be expressing yourself at such unconvenience hours

krigsbarn said:
And you shouldn't be expressing yourself at such unconvenience hours
guess so. still, i'm supposed to be up and earning my daily bread in front of a pc right now, so expressing myself is the only option besides taking a very large gun to my very dizzy head, which is something that at the moment wouldn't really be satisfactory.

Rahvin, look up. Yeah, up. It says 'put on your happy hat', so do it...just bloody do it, because if you don't, Conan the Barbarian shall come, destroy your fields, kill your men and listen to the lamentation of your women.

Seriously my friend, cheer up. You're worrying me :)

@d_j: as much as i would enjoy the sight of bonan the carcarian destroying my men, killing my women and listening to the lamentations of my fields, i'll try and put on the hatty hap. like i said, i liked whatever was happening in the first post of this thread, basically cause it reminded me i still have to finish playing the frozen throne. i was just yawning for all the rather forced cheerfulness that ensued. that's not 'cause i'm grim and necro, more 'cause i feel like i'm somewhere else. :)

Randland? Plotting my untimely demise Demandred? I know...I know...:Smokedev:

By the way, rereading Crossroads of Twilight I've decided it absolutely sucks as a book in itself, its like an extended prologue to the next book, whenever that gets released. Your opinion?

Dark_Jester said:
Randland? Plotting my untimely demise Demandred? I know...I know...:Smokedev:
to the east of the spine of the world, i'd say... the barren land shall be the last thing you see for, err, about a turning of the wheel, kinslayer.

By the way, rereading Crossroads of Twilight I've decided it absolutely sucks as a book in itself, its like an extended prologue to the next book, whenever that gets released. Your opinion?
i just read it once and i found it very incomplete. the fact that the next release in the series is going to be an extended "new spring" doesn't help getting rid of the feeling jordan has absolutely no fubbing idea of how to make ends meet, moiraine return, the 3890 factions behind the throne of andor come to a decision, the white tower reunite, rand pick one woman instead of three hundred, the dark one bite the dust, and especially no idea as to who in the world actually killed asmodean, although methinks it was lanfear.

A simple suggestion for mr Jordan after reading the first few chapters of Winter's Heart; kill off at least 50% of the characters, swiftly and with style, preferably within the first 2 chapters of the next book, and by doing that some of the minor plots will die too. Tie the others up, and quicken the pace a bit and I think it can be saved... the original idea of this is still quite intriguing in my opinion :p

as for the happy hat, it's way too early for that now :p

Nah...Graendal...she seemed way to certain of Asmodean's death to me ;)

And yeah, I feel now that he's spinning it out for money. New Spring, each book being divided into two and re-released as the 'young adults edition' (oh please, I was 14 or so when I started reading these books, should I have waited?) and his endless drivel halfway through each book makes me suspicious. I predict another four books at least.

@northern: i think he's already wasted a couple of occasions to get rid of a lot of minor characters, namely dumai's wells and... whatever happens at the end of book nine, which i'm not sure whether you know already or not. ;) apparently he's got plans for everyone from galina to a kin elder/wise one in ebou dar called famelle. in truth, i think he's just waiting to see what happens himself. :p i don't really want the loose ends to disappear, i think it'd be more honest to tie them up nicely. the point is that a whole book after the final battle would be needed just to tell us whatever happened to every single character and plot line...

@d_j: i think graendal just knew it from either the dark one or that very peculiar myrdraal, shaidar haran. after all we should assume she's been to shayol ghul like the rest of the bunch at some point, and the timeline sort of fits. if the only "motive" had been betrayal of the other forsaken, we'd have no way of knowing who actually did him in. so i guess through the archway lanfear wasted her wish on revenge and/or to stop rand learning too much too soon. asmodean wouldn't have had any reason to be so surprised just because he had seen graendal, by the way.

as for the number of books, i sort of wish there's going to be four or five, otherwise i'm sure the ending will be really disappointing and messed up. you can't just patch everything up by saying "boom!" or something. ;)

rahvin said:
i liked whatever was happening in the first post of this thread, basically cause it reminded me i still have to finish playing the frozen throne.
this reminds me i still have to start playing the frozen throne *wink wink* :p

Miolo

Tebus said:
Let me just apologize for my incredibly stupid remark yesterday. I was sort of absent minded at the time for no apparent reason.
i think it was clever if it referred to sierra's hero quest game series (so you want to be a hero, trial by fire, wages of war, heart of darkness, dragon fire) and merely geeky if it was about the board game. ;)

BAH! Do not include Dragon Fire as part of the Quest for Glory series. That game is SACRILEGE! It's like they sat down and said 'right, lets take everything thats fun OUT of Quest for Glory, and introduce 300 cameos, none of which being characters you want to see again. For me the series ended with Shadows of Darkness (I admit it, I am a self-confessed QfG fanboy, I first played it at 7 years old, and I still play it now and again today) :D

Oh, incidentally Rahv, they're just about to release a book series based on the games, and the adventurer's exploits. I've read an excerpt and its actually quite amusing. If you want a copy when its released, let me know ;)