Anders and his set up

myownsilence

The Influenced
Jan 10, 2007
www.myspace.com
I just been wondering if anyones got a good idea yet (or maybe the man himself can jump in here!!) on the setup of his live rig..

Reason I ask is ive been building a setup and found myself using the GT-8 (shit - but im still working on it) The demonizer, and a valve marshall amp.

Now I love Anders sound - who doesn't, Im not after copying it but I would like to know what that demonizers for, cos compaired to pure valve distortion its crap, but seems to be good on lead guitar.

Also I can't get my head around using the effects without a distorted amp taking over (ie distorting delays) however maybe im just confused, I'd love to just see how he uses his GT-3 (cos I know he's not a fan of the newer GT-8)

any ideas (I have a feeling this may be a dead thread.

PS anyone interested please listen to "in a cage" - new live song on our site shown below cheers!!

I'm a huge fan of Anders' tonal genius. What I can tell you is he uses a GT6, not a GT8 for his tones, although he may have upgraded...

As far as getting a good "Katatonic" sound, don't use as much bass in your settings, and screw with the presence a bit, and the right touch of delay does wonders.

I can't say I'm a big fan of stompboxes though. I love simplicity in a rig... I use a line 6 spider 2 half stack and all I have to worry about are four channel buttons and a volume/wah pedal. easy enough.

just go with what sounds good to you dude, play a guitar that feels good in your hands, and use a rig that compliments your own approach to guitar.

Oh, and make sure to run your distortion pedals BEFORE your delay pedals, that way the delay is clean.

Cheerz!

I think it is a GT3

Thanks for your comments... problem is that i love the amps distortion more than stomp boxes but delay on a GT-x is always going to be before that.. I wonder how anders gets around it (unless he doesnt use the amps distortion... but on a MATAMP .. no way!)

He used a gt-3 for a long time. Then fred got a gt-8, and shortly after they both got tc electronic g-systems. I don't know if he switched back, or just hasn't got the hang of the g-system yet, but I don't see why he would switch back. I don't know where you got he's not a fan of the gt-8 since it's vastly superior to the gt-3 in every aspect. Also modeling still sounds like pure shit compared to a real tube amp. What you want to do is get a tube amp with a loop, and use the gt-8 with the 4 cable method, and totally bypass the gt-8's preamps, and OD pedals. If you have the money buy a g-system or even a g-major and have it in the loop because supposedly they don't color your tone hardly any. Or if you have money get single pedals. For my money it doesn't get any better than a soldano head, but of course bogners, and diezels are top notch high gain heads. And if you were a real baller you would run two heads at once such as a soldano slo for cutting tone, and a bogner uberschall for low end chunk. Save up, and look for good deals on ebay. Good tone is expensive as hell, but It's well worth the money because you can't put a price on good tone. I could go on about this for a while since there are a ton more options for good tone.