Anders Nordin and Johan De farfalla

^ it´s nice of you to read my posts without word slapping me in the face :)

@Cairath uhm...well I dont remember that good either now, but we were gonna have it somewhere, I think it was was for morningrise. I might be wrong though

CAIRATH said:
Hey Anders, what was the story behind the top hat picture I posted earlier again? I'm sure Mikael or someone once addressed it but that must be ages ago now. I don't remember it.

From Mikael:
Haha, that pic was supposed to be on a compilation Cd. We supplied the photos (top hat ones) to Century Media or whoever was doing this tribute, but they chose our ordinary "Forest" pics instead of this one...I wonder why...haha!!
I love it! It was my fukkin idea to have the suits and shit...we wanted the pic to look "old", like 1920's or something.

Hey Anders, about The Night And The Silent Water, did you write the drum work yourself, because it is my favorite song for drumming. Not technical or anything, but it just has such a great feeling and provokes lots of emotion.

ante said:
^ it´s nice of you to read my posts without word slapping me in the face :)

oh, coolness, what's up dude

lol this is going to turn into an "ask Anders" thread

what do you think of the band these days? hopefully not a sensitive issue

Pethical said:
fine, don't listen to orchid/morningrise/mayh. worst comment ever. also don't listen to ANY OPETH now that lopez is gone.
They're gone. They're done with. My comment doesn't mean I don't want to listen to their old albums and savor their work. It just means I don't really care about the older memebers of Opeth, but I do respect their contributions. I like Mendez a lot better than the older guy, and I could give a shit less about him. As long as their newer members kick ass, I don't care.

I always find it nice to find out where ex-band members are and what they're doing. For all we know, they might have some side projects worth listening to or something. It's interesting to se how they've matured musically compared to the band.

daz436 said:
may aswell clone the katatonia forum and put this in:

preorchid19926ka.jpg

is the 1st from right david isberg?

I didn't like Nordin's drumming at all, he was sloppy imo.. lopeth was the shit, i wish he didnt leave... Ax just doesnt do it for me, hes too slow live, you can see peter like holding notes wicked long because the tempos so slow, its awkward. Theres a live video of "when" on youtube thats like painful to watch, its like half speed

I think Orchid and Morningrise are there best albums so far. I love Nordin's drumming, and Johan's bass was crushing. I wish they would have been able to stay in the band.

Yeah I think Axenrot is a bit slow too. Or At least the metal town gig seemed way too slow. I can only compare it to live videos of Lopez, and not personal experience. But lets hope he gets better. :)

Mr Samsara said:
Anders: Dude... give us an update on where you are and what you're up to and I'll get it inserted into the FAQ!

well not much have changed actually, I´m in Brazil, moving closer in too the djungle next month and I`m still misstreating my knackers on the bike :D next year is the Pan American games in Rio so I´ll try to grab a place in the time trial

House of Seance said:
what do you think of the band these days? hopefully not a sensitive issue

ofcourse not! all cool....it´sa honestly really cool too see they have come this far, and it´s good stuff :kickass: so it makes me proud of have beeing there and it´s a good way too run a conversation when I run out of topics ;) like oh" you know Opeth? and blablabla haha

Opethian666 said:
Hey Anders, about The Night And The Silent Water, did you write the drum work yourself

you mean the Kongo Bongo in the end?
well the main idea too have that kind of drums there was Mikaels, but I kind of invented those drums right there in the studio. we had rehearsed alot but for some reason it didnt came out the same as from rehearsals