Andromeda - "Preemptive Strike"

Mr.Skull

Mar 16, 2010
New track from Swedish prog metal band Andromeda. This video and song absolutely kill. Anyone who's a fan of Dream Theater, Symphony X, etc. should check these guys out. They're totally underrated. Really looking forward to the album release in a couple weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
These guys deserve a bump, as their album JUST released. The drumming is absolutely insane and from I can tell is not sampled-replaced AT ALL. Granted the entire production seems a bit raw and leaves something to be desired. Especially that guitar tone. But the music is so awesome that I think most will be able to look past the shortcomings in that department. Prog-metal lovers, check these guys out!

Oh shit, the only thing I've heard of this band was their first album, "Extension of the Wish", which had its moments, but between the horrible session vocalist and POD guitars it definitely felt like a debut - seems like I'll have to listen to more of their stuff, this is pretty cool!

Fuck yeah.
Chimera is one of my top 5 albums, still dig the shit out of it. Always liked the production too, altho I wish it would have been a bit fatter and less scratchy.
Immunity Zone was a HUGE letdown for me, both song and productionwise.
Totally missed that they were up to a new album, this song and the sound both slay.
Gotta get this LP I guess :D