Andromeda

shaq said:
Rest in Peace.....Would this be the same Rest In Peace that opened for Symphony X at L'Amour last month? Cuz if so, I thought they were absolutely awful. The guitarist was good but that was the only salvagable part of the show.

I don't think it's the same band. The band I saw with Andromeda (and many other times) is not a very big band here, and I'm pretty I would have heard it if they played with symphony X outside of France.
Rest in peace isn't a very orignial name ;)
Btw one french band already played with them for a short european tour : Dyslesia. Very good heavy metal (a little bit prog on the first one)

Originally posted by SilentRealm
ike andromeda very much, both singers are nice, the first i really like coz his voice is unique, the second is nice too but prolly not so unique as he reminds me of the evergrey singer.

I just can't hear the similarity between David (of Andromeda) and Tom (of Evergrey). To me David is a much better singer, almost up there with Daniel Gildenlöw (of Pain of Salvation), and arguably as good as Russell (I know this might be like cursing in the church, but what the hell...).

There's not really much to say about Lawrence MacRory who only was a last minute session vocalist on the first album. I quite like his performance, but it's nowhere near David Fremberg.

When it comes to the albums themselves, i prefer I=II now, but I also remeber Extension of the Wish as one of my portals into the progressive world.

EotW is an album that the "speed-proggers" (Symphony X, Star One, Masterplan, Rhapsody)will prefer whilst I=II is more for the "tech-proggers" (DT, PoS). At least that's what I think :)

shaq said:
Rest in Peace.....Would this be the same Rest In Peace that opened for Symphony X at L'Amour last month? Cuz if so, I thought they were absolutely awful. The guitarist was good but that was the only salvagable part of the show.

No, no, that was Rest in Pieces.. They werent experienced enough for that gig. Give them 1-2 years, to mature as artists, and get a bettre grasp of the genre, I think they won't suck as bad as they did... the singer could almost sing too... almost

I really enjoy Andromeda. I have both of their albums. I actually prefer II=I to Extension of the Wish. Extension of the Wish has awesome music, but the singer sucks hard. Besides that, the songs Deepest of Waters and Extension ogf the Wish are awesome. II=I is more musically mature in my opinion. Johan Reinholz holds back a little on his solos, but the Rhythm playing is awesome. The song, II=I, is my favorite. The instrumental is also killer. The singer took a few listens before I liked him. Is he David Readman (Adagio) or Russell Allen, no, but he is still pretty good. I recommend Andromeda. They are unique, and really aren't clones of anyone else, which is good. :headbang:

Divine Wings Of Tragedy said:
Andromeda rules, IMO david fremberg's voice is much better than russel allen's.
listen to encyclopedia,cast away,mirages,fragile surface -> fav songs in II=I
and the rerelease of extension of the wish is much better with him -> listen to words unspoken,album title,eclipse,in the deepest of waters

whoa DWOT....better than Allen? Oh brother...having said that I love Andromeda...II=I and Extension of the Wish...they each are good in their own way. Have to say, I got the EOTW with Fremberg and I prefer the original. And the two new songs on the remake are weak...I hope not a sign of things to come. Anyway Andromeda is excellent!!! But Fremberg=Allen...please!! you should be forced to give up your name(DWOT) :err:

I agree that Fremberg is no Allan....but he and Andromeda are pretty good. I have both versions of EOTW and prefer the original singer (i think he's the guy from Darkane????)......They are a good band without being great......like a lot of bands out there.......eg Evergrey.

To me, David sounds like he should be in a boyband. His voice totallly ruined the II=I album for me, and I really liked Extension of the Wish.

glasscastle said:
whoa DWOT....better than Allen? Oh brother...having said that I love Andromeda...II=I and Extension of the Wish...they each are good in their own way. Have to say, I got the EOTW with Fremberg and I prefer the original. And the two new songs on the remake are weak...I hope not a sign of things to come. Anyway Andromeda is excellent!!! But Fremberg=Allen...please!! you should be forced to give up your name(DWOT) :err:
hehe i adore symphony x but i still say fremberg's capabilities are more than allens, i can't exactly put his voice into words... very thight, clean & mellow

it will get better with time and you will appreciate it more hopefully, same as how allen got better after damnation

oh hey no flaming now :err: this is my opinion anyway

Divine Wings Of Tragedy said:
hehe i adore symphony x but i still say fremberg's capabilities are more than allens, i can't exactly put his voice into words... very thight, clean & mellow

it will get better with time and you will appreciate it more hopefully, same as how allen got better after damnation

oh hey no flaming now :err: this is my opinion anyway

sorry did not mean to flame, these are all just opinions!! actually I really like the II=I disc, and Fremberg...he does sound great, especially on II=I and Castaway(I think thats the title)...I guess after seeing Russ live several times and a larger discography I took offense...I'm anxious to hear some new Andromeda!!
or see them at PPV(fingers crossed!!!!) :p

New Andromeda album will be available in January next year. It is called "Chimera". And if i am right, there might be a "turkish" titled track (8) in the tracklist :) It is the name for a region in my country, near Mediterranian. I hope i am not wrong :loco:
Here is the tracklist:

1. Periscope
2. In the End
3. The Hidden Riddle
4. Going Under
5. The Cage of Me
6. No Guidelines
7. Inner Circle
8. Iskenderun
9. Blink of an Eye

turke said:
New Andromeda album will be available in January next year. It is called "Chimera". And if i am right, there might be a "turkish" titled track (8) in the tracklist :) It is the name for a region in my country, near Mediterranian. I hope i am not wrong :loco:
Here is the tracklist:

1. Periscope
2. In the End
3. The Hidden Riddle
4. Going Under
5. The Cage of Me
6. No Guidelines
7. Inner Circle
8. Iskenderun
9. Blink of an Eye
Great news. I can't wait for this. Andromeda are one of the few progressive bands that I find are actually true progressive and not cliché progressive.

My god this thread is old! Do threads here ever dissappear? Haha, anyway, I have been waiting to hear that Andromeda are finally releasing a new album. I will keep an eye out for it!

symphonyXjapan said:
My god this thread is old! Do threads here ever dissappear? Haha, anyway, I have been waiting to hear that Andromeda are finally releasing a new album. I will keep an eye out for it!

I didn't want to open a new one, cause i knew that this thread is somewhere deep in the forum. So i searched and brought it up. And that makes me a good forum resident :)
Hey Jax, won't you kiss me for that ? :tickled: OK, just kiddin :Spin: