Andy how low do you let the guitars go?

jeronimo

Jan 23, 2003
Montreal, QC - Canada
www.jeracravo.com
I've been trying a lot of different low cuts on guitars, and I just found that the higher I cut, the clearer the mix gets... I record mostly B and C tunned guitars and right now I feel ok cutting it at around 150Hz till 190Hz!!!. I have mostly low budget gear like a Tascam 2524 mixer and a Meek VC6 and I track into PT 48K/24bit.
I've been using an Audio Technica 3525 and a 57 on a 4x12 Marshall 1960A cab.
I just got a Senn 441 and I'm really looking foward to try it on a cab... :)
I know you're using the RMEs... how do you like them?
You mix all in the box now, right? How hard do you hit the stereo bus on PT? You use your outboard on mixing also, right?
I really liked the Nevermore album (Dead...) and I liked the Testament (gathering) also, but not as much as the Nevermore (technically speaking)
Keep the excelent work!!!!! I hope I can learn the skills someday :)

I'll usually filter from 60 hz down, what I do use alot on gtrs these days is the C4 Compressor with PT's with just the low mids compressing and compress that area between 120- 300, that really pulls the gtrs into shape and stops any low end jumping round, if you have your mac linked to internet and C4 comp, I'll gladly send you the preset.

I love the RME's. I tried the anniversary ans the ADI 8 Pro, and they all sounded better than the 888 I have. I ended up getting a couple of the ADI 8 Pros, these sounded the best out of all, more open, better low end. I couldnt believe how squashed the 888 sounded, kinda horrified me to think I'd used that in the past.

No no no, scarred to go there, still on 5.12. I can't afford the down time, wait until bugs are ironed out.
Can't email you attachment through this site so send me your email address and I'll forward this c4 setting