What do you tune your guitars to?

I've been considering Edwards' LP Std. for some time now...
It seems like a great bang for the buck, apparently not at all behind Gibson's LP Std. while at the third of its price. :)
Damn, I've always wanted an LP, but I don't feel like giving 2500€ for a guitar of questionable workmanship, I've seen many complaints on Gibson LP Std. finish quality and some other stuff.

we play in drop F with 7 strings.

and to have it sounding tight. its all about having, the right gauge strings, action setup for that particular tuning, nice pickups, and killer tightness.

sex on legs!

on my JL schecter i play Bb using 10-60, gibson les paul standard c with ghs zakk wylde boomers 11-70, carparison tat standard e elixer 9-48 i think.

hey Mark, thanks for the tips...those string gauges you take about, are those mostly for strat/ibanez length necks? I have a ESP Eclipse, I tune to C# (not drop, though), would it be safe to assume I should probably go with 12's to account for the shorter neck, and less string tension? I know every guitar is different, but do you have any rule of thumb for Gibson-style guitars?

Going from Ibanez to LP is only three-quarters of an inch difference - not quite the length of your low frets - so you shouldn't need to compensate much.

Jeff

7 String (Schecter C7 Hellraiser) is tuned to G# (loooooooow - hehe)
Les Paul - B Standart
Ibanez SA - Drop C

My Epi Gibson wanna be below.... in standard E, Well that is when I can keep it in tune:mad:

well i just put my Hellraiser in C standard. However the intonation on the G B & E strings is pretty god awful. I have a set of D'addario 10-52s on it. Any tips? :oops:

So is the standard 12 tone system.

That is why I tune to 9.6R inverted.

Sounds like your not givin' props to Arnold Schoenberg. Just tune your guitar to whatever, then invert it, then after that, retrograde invert for a new section. :loco: