What do you tune your guitars to?

@ Metalworks: Isn't the skinny top heavy bottom 52-10?

Yeah, I buy the Skinny Top Heavey Bottom and the bottom string usually breaks on me within 2 weeks cuz I palm mute pretty hard and it cuts at the bridge.

Then I buy a 56 guage single.

I usually have the same pack of strings for a couple months and buy single 56's every 2 weeks or so.

But yeah the Skinny Heavy is 52-10 or so.

for my album i'm working on:

Schecter A7 - Bb standard - E.B. 7string Regual slinkys
Yamaha Rgz621 - B standard - E.B. Not even slinkys
Jackson RR1 - C standard - E.B. Not Even Slinkys
Ibanez S470 - C# standard E.B. Beefy Slinkys

I'm also starting a new band where i'll stick with B standard (i love jamming me some Carcass)

i have several guitars and it varries...

i have one in dropped d (no locking trem) .10s
i have one in Eb standard (lock trem) skinny top heavy bottom
C standard (lock trem) beefy slinkys
and a standard 7 string with the standard ernie ball 7 string strings

i have to say C standard is my fav tuning

One guitar in E standard with 10-46's (D'Addario) and another guitar in Eb with 11-54's (Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky). I only just realised the difference in tension of those sets haha. The Eb guitar was only recently set up so I had to check the string pack.

Hellraiser is tuned to D Standard with Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky 11-54 with the 54 replaced with a 56 so I can drop it to C when required.

Warlock has Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky 11-54 in D Standard. That aint getting changed anytime soon, Floyd re-setting is a bitch. :ill:

Drop A on my baritones with Elixir baritone set. 12-68 strings. Those sizes are annoying btw. Too thin on the higher strings.
Drop D or C on the regular git with 12-52 strings.

B flat standard (Bb Eb Ab Db F Bb) on a Gibson Explorer. Strings are 13-56 (i think). I've got a couple acoustics lying around in the same tuning, they sound huuuuuge.

ashgallows...where do you get 14-60s? That sounds like a kickass idea.

well dr used to make em as a "7 string heavy" set. I was informed last time that they no longer make em packaged that way. The guy at the store got em for me, but said they had to "specially make them...in other words they had to "specially" include 2 light bass strings with a reg set of guitar strings i guess. the model number is EH-711. I wont play anything else, love those buggers

I've got my stuff in C# standard right now with 13's. I'm about to change to the following "custom" gauges though. 11, 15, 18, 32, 44, 60. I use to have my Les Paul like that, so the Caparison and the Les Paul are both getting that setup again. They just feel better.

Depends on the mood. In B standard on my 7-string I use 11-52+70; I'm going to be putting it in GDADGBE with 11-60+80 or 90. The sixer gets many different things; in E or Eb 11-60, in D or C# 14-70, the heavy ZW set in CGCFAD, and I'll soon be putting it in FCGDAE with something like 11-16-24-40-62-90.

If low-tuned stuff sounds out of tune you could just be not intonating the guitar right, and it's entirely likely that you're hitting them too hard and they're going out of tune.

Jeff

A E A D Gb B
right now I'm jammin on a set of D'Addario XL .011-.049 that I got on sale from Cranbourne Music. I believe the clerk's name was chuck. or bill. he wore a striped shirt and stared me down as I played pianos in the side room.

It's amusing, but with dropped tunings I'd rather use standard or half-step-down. If not that I'll use the 'double-dropped' GDADGBE seven-string tuning.

Jeff

Depends on the mood. In B standard on my 7-string I use 11-52+70; I'm going to be putting it in GDADGBE with 11-60+80 or 90. The sixer gets many different things; in E or Eb 11-60, in D or C# 14-70, the heavy ZW set in CGCFAD, and I'll soon be putting it in FCGDAE with something like 11-16-24-40-62-90.

If low-tuned stuff sounds out of tune you could just be not intonating the guitar right, and it's entirely likely that you're hitting them too hard and they're going out of tune.

Jeff

Between your pigtails and heavy ass string guages you are a Metal God!

:worship:notworthy