What do you tune your guitars to?

Lemme just go start making my metal matrix. :headbang:

Nothing like organized chaos.

And to answer the thread topic, I keep my seven string tuned to the standard B E A d g b. And my classical/nylon is tuned to standard, or what ever the tuning is of the piece I have to play for my lessons.

hey Mark, thanks for the tips...those string gauges you take about, are those mostly for strat/ibanez length necks? I have a ESP Eclipse, I tune to C# (not drop, though), would it be safe to assume I should probably go with 12's to account for the shorter neck, and less string tension? I know every guitar is different, but do you have any rule of thumb for Gibson-style guitars?

Yeah i normally operate in 25.5" land. But when i do use les pauls i do up the string gauge a bit. I find that intonation is also a bit more touchy with 24.75" guitars. I had a bit of a headache with the devildriver record since we used a les paul, but it sounded great so we did whatever we could to keep it tune.

I remember using a .70 gauge on the bury your dead record since we used an esp xtone and those are the shorter scale length. That was super solid and stayed in tune great.

Just make sure the neck isnt too stressed and that the intonation is good throughout and you've more than likely found an ideal string gauge for tuning stability.