Anette Parting with Nightwish

Some people can handle stress well, some people can't, unfortunately sometimes people don't figure that out until they are in too deep and the stress is overwhelming them. Spoken from experience.

What appears to correct setlist although another version I saw had Slow, Love, Slow on it so I am not sure and another short clip.

Roll Tide
(Hans Zimmer song)
Storytime
Wish I Had an Angel
Dark Chest of Wonders
Amaranth
Scaretale
Dead to the World
I Want My Tears Back
(with Troy Donockley)
The Crow, the Owl and the Dove
(with Troy Donockley)
The Islander
(with Troy Donockley)
Nemo
(with Troy Donockley) (Acoustic)
Last of the Wilds
(with Troy Donockley)
Planet Hell
Ghost River
Song of Myself
Last Ride of the Day

Last edited by a moderator:
What appears to correct setlist although another version I saw had Slow, Love, Slow on it so I am not sure and another short clip.

Roll Tide
(Hans Zimmer song)
Storytime
Wish I Had an Angel
Dark Chest of Wonders
Amaranth
Scaretale
Dead to the World
I Want My Tears Back
(with Troy Donockley)
The Crow, the Owl and the Dove
(with Troy Donockley)
The Islander
(with Troy Donockley)
Nemo
(with Troy Donockley) (Acoustic)
Last of the Wilds
(with Troy Donockley)
Planet Hell
Ghost River
Song of Myself
Last Ride of the Day

From the looks of that clip, they seem to be cracking down on recording. :rolleyes:

Cool. If you can't, no big. Floor has only done 1 show with them and will obviously be ironing out some wrinkles in her performance. Maybe a few more shows on there will be more and better at our disposal.

Some people can handle stress well, some people can't, unfortunately sometimes people don't figure that out until they are in too deep and the stress is overwhelming them. Spoken from experience.

..and medical knowledge understands that most basic illness (such as a cold or what have you), is largely mental. That is to say, something that can easily be brought on by stress or unhappiness. Anyway, this is really all guesswork at this point.

Some of the bootleg audio with Floor is much better. She sounds VERY good, and very comfortable; almost seems like she had been rehearsing way before getting the call. Her timing, tone, intonation are all almost spot-on within the stuff that's being posted.

I can't say how sorry I am for you C.. that you never got to hear Anette sing the songs live from the Imaginaerum album, because she really won me over with her live singing of those great songs.

Yes, I did get to hear Anette performing those songs earlier this year at the two Los Angeles shows. So I am lucky to have at least seen what everyone else got to see up until this point. I feel sorrier for the fans here who were unable to attend those earlier shows and had been waiting for so long to get their chance, and now will not be able to hear what I heard. I also feel sorry for the fans in Australia and New Zealand who have been waiting so patiently for their chance. But if Floor pulls off these songs well, then maybe we are in for a whole new treat that some of you that have seen the earlier gigs will be envying us for! ;) :lol:

After looking at the tour schedule, I'm still a little confused. The US tour ends on the 14th, then they start up in England in November. So will they find a singer in 2 weeks?

And why fire Anette when the tour ends in 2 weeks and then there is a break?

My theory is this: they were going to dump her after the American tour and replace her with Floor. You just don't get a singer like her on immediate notice. She had to be ready to go in advance. But the discovery of the cyst necessitated sending her home ASAP to get checked, so they decided to pull the trigger earlier. So this WAS coming and probably would have taken place before the UK tour, but her illness moved it up a bit.

Yes, I did get to hear Anette performing those songs earlier this year at the two Los Angeles shows. So I am lucky to have at least seen what everyone else got to see up until this point. I feel sorrier for the fans here who were unable to attend those earlier shows and had been waiting for so long to get their chance, and now will not be able to hear what I heard. I also feel sorry for the fans in Australia and New Zealand who have been waiting so patiently for their chance. But if Floor pulls off these songs well, then maybe we are in for a whole new treat that some of you that have seen the earlier gigs will be envying us for! ;) :lol:

The LA shows were great. For me, her performance here was absolutely fantastic!

Traxan: It said in the press statement that Floor will remain with them for the rest of the Imaginaerum tour. I assume this means all the shows past the U.S. dates as well. I highly doubt they can find another singer in that short of notice, and I'm sure if they are looking for someone new, they want to take their time and do it when they're not under pressure to find someone as fast as possible.

Well I suspect they originally wanted Floor and now is there chance to keep her. ReVamp? Big deal, what would she rather do? If she stuck with ReVamp she'd be opening for Nightwish, instead of headlining as a member.

The thing is, Floor IS a songwriter and lyricist. Would she be subordinate to Tuomas "I Write Everything" Holopainen or would Tuomas finally let someone else write the words? Given the cheese of the lyrics on Imaginaerum, I hope to hell it's the latter. :)

BTW, Nightwish has a big show scheduled for Hartwell in November. Bet Floor gets a huge welcome. Did you see the videos from Seattle? That audience really have her a loud, positive ovation.

Just returned from the Portland show. I will give a full report tomorrow, but all I really have to say is that I wish that I would have driven up to Seattle last night. I know I am probably a little biased because I have always loved Floor's vocals, but the crowd seemed to love her and gave her a really wonderful and warm welcome. I personally felt that Floor had more stage presence than Tarja and Anette put together her energy outstanding and I loved watching her perform, she didn't try to be Tarja, she didn't try to be Anette she was just herself and it brought back a little spark and magic for me.

Like I said full report tomorrow.

I want to ask if there is anyone else that feels a bit of a bitter taste in their mouth with the way things went? Agreed, Anette was not the heart and soul of NW, Tuomas is. But Anette has contributed a lot to the last 2 albums, and I think for my part, gained NW more fans by her more accessible voice, if you will. There's a tinge of callousness in the press release; out with the old one, in with a new. The fact that a band member of 5 years leaves the band, doesn't dampen the spirit whatsoever. "The show must go on" and the like. Yes, the show must go on, but I for one, will look at the boys in NW a bit differently after this. Honestly.
This doesn't mean that I think that Floor won't be a good addition to NW, at least temporary (temporary my ass). There are always two sides to everything. Doesn't mean that the boys were all in the wrong and Anette all in the right, but this whole thing does make me "root for the underdog". Maybe Anette showed some diva-like behaviour. But I think that she's not the only one. I think that there are a few divas in the NW camp, and I'm not necessarily referring to the other band members....