Tuomas says no new singer until 2014

^ Aw I missed you too. :D

And yeah, it's a shame I don't really like her, because I do like her as a person, she seems like a very nice woman. I hate it when a decent famous person comes along and I don't like their art. :lol: I like a few of her songs, but with Nightwish she just sounds too... Sharp. It's the same thing that gets me with Simone Simmons, her voice gets so damned cold and sharp sounding that I just can't take it. A few stand out songs I love, but most... >.<

Hey, I'm a soprano :(

I also don't like Simone Simmons, which is kind of opposite to C., because I liked Simone up until the point I saw her singing live. She's just...not that good. Very minimal stage presence. Not entertaining. I pay fifty-something bucks to go to a show, I want to feel like the artist has some form of interest in the audience.

^ Sorry hun, don't take it personally. High notes just aren't my sound, it's not like I hate Sopranos as people or anything. Most people aren't fond of my man voice at all. :lol: I just laugh it off. It's a matter of taste. I didn't mean it as an insult.

^ Sorry hun, don't take it personally. High notes just aren't my sound, it's not like I hate Sopranos as people or anything. Most people aren't fond of my man voice at all. :lol: I just laugh it off. It's a matter of taste. I didn't mean it as an insult.

I find your man voice to be incredibly insulting. Ewww. I hate all tenors, baritones, and basses (I'm being completely kidding, by the way).

You may not like them...but those high notes do need to be sung! Thats what us sopranos are for. That Mozart dude sure did write a lot of high notes for us to sing!

Actually, I'm not an Epica fan at all. I like Simone's voice, and like the stuff she's done with Kamelot, but I'm not a fan of Epica in any way. :lol:

I once said if Floor ever joined Nightwish that I'd have to turn in my OSA badge. So obviously that didn't happen. But that was for reasons that are too long-winded to go into (for one, I didn't think at the time that replacing Tarja with a known name would be a smart move; which obviously the band didn't either). For another, I was never much of an After Forever fan and just didn't have that "woo-hoo, let's get Floor!" enthusiasm. I'm still not a fan of AF's music, but well, I've said this before, but it seems like Tuomas has this ability to write music that somehow naturally just pushes the potential of whatever person is singing it.

I find your man voice to be incredibly insulting. Ewww. I hate all tenors, baritones, and basses (I'm being completely kidding, by the way).
I'm a Contralto. :devil: Though, when singing White Christmas with the radio at work, I sound just like Bing Crosby, just, you know, without the talent. :lol:

^ Nice. :D Yeah, Sopranos tend to be stronger in their head voice than their chest. It's vice-versa for Contraltos, my head voice is wimpy beyond belief. :lol:

^ Nice. :D Yeah, Sopranos tend to be stronger in their head voice than their chest. It's vice-versa for Contraltos, my head voice is wimpy beyond belief. :lol:

My voice teacher keeps trying to extend my chest/belting voice. It's pathetic. I can't get higher than an E4. I once learned "The Winner Takes it All" from Mamma Mia, and I could belt about half the notes, so I surrendered to just sing it all in my head voice. My chest voice has become some melted goulash of immitation head voice, so people don't notice how truly tiny and pathetic the range is >_>

^ Sounds like what happened to my head voice. :( It's very shrill as per the standard Contralto vocal structure, so I never really liked it to begin with, so I rarely used it and now it's so pathetic I only bother with it when I absolutely must because it's downright embarrassing. >.> Which. of course, is the worst thing I can do, I should be working with it all the more to try to salvage it. :lol: Meh, I'd rather push my chest voice lower than work on my high voice anyway, but I feel lame knowing how useless my head voice is. But I'm a florist, not a singer, :lol: so having half a voice isn't a huge deal for me. Don't give up hun. :)

^ Sounds like what happened to my head voice. :( It's very shrill as per the standard Contralto vocal structure, so I never really liked it to begin with, so I rarely used it and now it's so pathetic I only bother with it when I absolutely must because it's downright embarrassing. >.> Which. of course, is the worst thing I can do, I should be working with it all the more to try to salvage it. :lol: Meh, I'd rather push my chest voice lower than work on my high voice anyway, but I feel lame knowing how useless my head voice is. But I'm a florist, not a singer, :lol: so having half a voice isn't a huge deal for me. Don't give up hun. :)

As per what pays the bills, I'm a writer. Singing is kind of just a hobby for me; I actually used to have a pretty good chest voice when I was a teenager, I guess I just grew out of it.

As per what pays the bills, I'm a writer. Singing is kind of just a hobby for me; I actually used to have a pretty good chest voice when I was a teenager, I guess I just grew out of it.
Hey now, I went to college for my voice, so I would hope I managed to glean a few facts. I've been singing in choirs since 94, and am still not quite satisfied with the sound of my voice. Metallica and naturally operatic? nope. Scary

^I don't suspect that any individual singer is happy with their own voice. I think we all pick out the imperfections in our voices just as we do with our bodies. Or maybe just the girls.

You been singing some Metallica up a couple octaves in a classical style? I would like to hear!

I'd have to make youtube vids LOL. Probably after the holidays are over. Though I'd be really nervous to upload Metallica covers, because those fans can be brutal.

^ Just label them as "Taimi con carne" of something silly like that. :lol: They'll never find them to pick on you.

I'd have to make youtube vids LOL. Probably after the holidays are over. Though I'd be really nervous to upload Metallica covers, because those fans can be brutal.

Do audio only, but I think if you can brave the Nightwish fans you can brave any Metallica fans :p

Do audio only, but I think if you can brave the Nightwish fans you can brave any Metallica fans :p

LOL... Had some.. rude person tell me that I'm not skinny enough or pretty enough to make it in mainstream music, and that my fatass belonged in the kitchen... I told the person to go fuck themselves LOL. It was actually one one of my older Nightwish covers, I think it was for Creek Mary's Blood, actually. Funny how insults and rudeness stick with you for so long, eh?

LOL... Had some.. rude person tell me that I'm not skinny enough or pretty enough to make it in mainstream music, and that my fatass belonged in the kitchen... I told the person to go fuck themselves LOL. It was actually one one of my older Nightwish covers, I think it was for Creek Mary's Blood, actually. Funny how insults and rudeness stick with you for so long, eh?

You may consider disabling comments. And that person probably didn't have the go-nadz to post their own Youtube video :p

I read that too; the jerk said something like, "I used to think Anette did the worst at singing Nightwish songs 'till now" or something rude like that.

Probably someone from the OSA Haters Club anyway. :lol: