Anette Parting with Nightwish

I think it was a good move really. Everyone needs to get their priorities straight, having a baby is more important than Nightwish

Well I have long figured that Anette's pregnancy was discovered during the Denver hospitalization and that necessitated sending her home early. At 40 years of age, it would be easy for her to lose the baby, so she had to get off the road ahead of schedule. I think the whole "cyst on her liver" diagnosis was cover for it, because again, she didn't want to say too early she was pregnant because she could lose the baby early on. And Tuomas just gave her cover. The statement they issued on her dismissal was the statement they planned to use for when she would quit post-Hartwell, they never bothered to rewrite it to say she was pregnant.

I'm still waiting to hear some kind of comment from Tuomas or the band. Have they said anything?

Nope, no one has said a word about it.

I think that they did know she was pregnant, or she might have found out shortly before/after the tour here started; and she thought that maybe she could finish it out. Why else would she plan on bringing Johan and her kid to the U.S. to finish out the tour with her? They probably had Floor on standby anyway "just in case". The incident in Denver; maybe there was something seriously wrong that could have jeopardized the pregnancy, and that was when she decided to bail. F*ck finishing the tour, the baby's health is more important, and that's that. The band probably wanted to respect her privacy and made as much of a "generalized statement" as possible on such short notice.

But you are probably more on the ball than I am with this one. :D

I don't think she just decided to bail. I mean, that would make her look terrible and I don't think she's that immature or unprofessional. Remember, she did one more show after Denver, in SLC. More likely the doctor told her to get off the road ASAP. Again, a woman her age can easily lose the baby. She left for the tour in July and was gone by September, so I doubt she found out before the start of the tour. More likely she got a goodbye boink from Johan before leaving for the tour and Mio was the result. Denver was likely where she found out about it.

A "good bye boink" ? Wow, I am never telling you guys if I ever get pregnant. I'm also pretty sure she would have known she was pregnant prior to September. It was not her first pregnancy, and she probably would have noticed not needing to buy particular products that us women buy on a monthly basis.

I think her recording studio would be a good location for her Nightwish awards. Better so than her kitchen wall; maybe she just wanted to redecorate. I'm dying to see a photo of her *entire* baby, but she's done a great job at keeping her kids' faces hidden from public eye.

^I kinda thought that too; in some of the pictures that Avery and David took of the East Coast shows, she kinda looked like she was sporting a baby bump, and a lot of the outfits looked kinda loose-fitting, so I think she at least suspected something, if she didn't know altogether.

Well, you don't have to tell us if you ever have any kids, but I'd be happy for you. :D

You'd think it wouldn't matter as much for a baby. It's not like people will see him without her anyway. :lol: Once he's grown a bit I understand keeping him hidden, but now... I don't think he'll have to worry about being harassed much. Unless you count cooing old ladies at the supermarket. :lol:

True, but on the same token, the kid doesn't get to choose who their parents are, so I understand these parents who "shield" their children from public view that way. I mean, they don't have a say in these things, and the famous parent is the reason anyone has interest in them.

Here is another picture of Anette and Mio; courtesy of our friends at Wishmasters BR. Still no face, but a lot better than just his feet. ;)

543102_451155138298003_1275414332_n.jpg