Angel Of Retribution.

Redman said:
I heard that they had sold something like 160 000 copies of AoR in USA. 160 000???

Oh, this is off-topic, I know, but I couldn't find a suitable thread for this... I was just going to ask what do you think is the best Saxon DVD? Is it Live in Nottingham (which had pretty nice track list) or is it the Chronicles (which was lacking my favourite song, and the band played on)? Well, I know somebody says "they're all equal" or something like that, but I want a nice collection of Saxon classics, but even more important is the sound quality as well as the picture quality, or screen, whatever it's called :) and I'm not talking about pixels and stuff, but I don't want to watch dark screen for two hours just because the consert on the DVD happened to be recorded in night, or something like that, haha. You can send me a private message (or I don't know if it's possible in this forum...) if this seems to be too off-topic for you!

A 160,000? Surely that can't be right?! If that is the right figure I am VERY VERY surprised! I would have expected AOR to sell more than that in the UK, let alone in America!

As for the Saxon dvd. Without doubt get Chronicles. Everything about this dvd is brilliant, from the packaging to the actual content of the dvd. It is a 10 out of 10 dvd.

Paxoman said:
A 160,000? Surely that can't be right?!

Prolly 160.000 million, yeah, that seems about right like given my drunken state...actually prolly a few hundred thousand more...

Paxoman said:
I take it you had a good night then mate? :lol:

I did indeed mate cheers! Hope you had a good one as well!

I dont remember posting here last night lol!

spaster said:
The last Riot record,Through The Storm was excellant,but now it is 4 years old.It features Bobby Rondinelli on drums and Mike DiMeo on vocals,both now with the Lizards,who opened most of the UFO shows on the last USA tour.Not only is Guy Sperenza gone,but I believe Rhett Forrester was shot and killed during a carjacking in Atlanta in the early nineties.I am almost positive I saw Riot and Saxon together in the early eighties in Glens Falls NY,I still have the program autographed by Saxon but no mention of Riot.Maybe one of you oldtimers can put a year on that show for me.Strong Arm Of The Law Tour.The Schenker story is unbelievable,posted on his website for all to see.He has been married at least 2 times and has kids by at least 2 other women.His last wife sold all his shit while he was on tour,took his kid back to Cambodia,and is now back in the USA trying to get child support from him.He is in Germany hiding out and cancelled his USA tour starting next week because he thinks he will be arrested when he lands here.VH1 hyped the tour hard,with Leslie West and Doug Doppler opening and now the tour is off.I now have 2 tickets to refund.Guess what the other is.Steve

Rhett was shot and killed in 92 I think?

He was my fav.

Riot did open for Saxon in 81 and I checked and the Glenn Falls show was April 12th.

Goose,thanks for the info on that Saxon,Riot show.Damn, 25 years ago,seems like yesterday the place was packed and rockin.My dad took me to Saratoga in the late sixties to see bands like Blood Sweat and Tears,and The Guess Who.Must be in my blood.In 2005 alone I saw UFO,Derringer,Mountain,BOC,Krokus,Priest,The Outlaws,Wishbone Ash,and unfortunately,Anthrax.2006 has started with the cancelled Schenker show,hopefully Saxon and a few others will make their way over this year.

I listened to an mp3 from that album "deal with the devil" (?) I love that song. What I like about the recording is that the guitars are very good to hear.. In this song 18 sec til 22 sec the guitars hear as if they are in front or above the rest of the song.. I wished saxon had done the same with the guitarsound on for example 'to live by the sword" Lionheart

See http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179882

To live by the Sword

What a nice intro digidigidigidigidigidigi .. AH.AH .. digidigidigidigi .. AH .. digidigidigidigi ..AH AH ..! like it and what a very good, clear, high, voice has Biff here..he plays with his voice a lot, fantastic . Heavy and quick –song I appreciate those little guitar riff-tunes on the left box on my earphone 39 sec.. 45 sec 48sec (second strofe) the same riff tunes as in the last strophe (the samuraispirit til seal) 3.12 sec 3.14 sec and 3.17 min it gives that dramatic atmosphere to it.. but as I said only when I hear it on Walkman ..on my big boxes you slightly hear it… the solo 2.17 min til 2.45 min makes me think of the band Paradise Lost again..not a solo that sticks on my C-driv in the head..but it suits to this song. It’s a song that immediately gets my attention, after once playing it already..it has tempo, etc.

This is what I mean! those little riffs, or whatever the technical name is..

Redman said:
I'm not sure, but are they called licks? Not really important thing to know, but who knows? :D

Imagine a female in the audience after a gig saying to the guitarplayer: "I liked your licks very much!" :D What would she mean?

Good news for RIOT fans,shows feb 17 the Chance in Poughkeepsie NY and feb 18 Double ds in NJ,also some shows listed in Europe.Check their website.Steve