Angry Krank Owner trying to get in contact with Krank

Status
Not open for further replies.

covil

johny bigode
Mar 22, 2007
I bought a krank rev1 4-5 years ago!! Unlike many people i really like it!!
The problem is that Krank has a really shitty customer support!!
My Krank burned the power transformer because of a mistake i did with it, not amp fault! It´s been 4 months since it burned and i tried to contact Krank many, many times. And I´m still waiting for an answer!!
Two years ago my Jcm 800 burned a resistor and after contacting Marshall the next day they gave me an answer!
Well, don´t buy Krank, from an unhappy customer!!

If your correspondence with them was written like this post here then you can understand why they didn't get back to you. Random capitals, lots of exclamation points and commas. I feel like you're shouting at me!
Bring the amp to a tech and get them to fix it, you broke it yourself.

I understand that i maybe me a liltle upset from this situation. But what i only wanted from them, was a new transformer. If they said something, i wouldn´t have any problems with them.
But it´s been 4 months and nothing.

Marshall is a much bigger company and in one day helped me without any problems.

There is no after market for krank transformers. Even the mercury magnetics guy doesn´t know if a transformer they have will work.
If the old one was working, i could check the voltages a see if theres anything that would work.

There is no after market for krank transformers. Even the mercury magnetics guy doesn´t know if a transformer they have will work.
If the old one was working, i could check the voltages a see if theres anything that would work.

I've chatted back and forth via email with Chris Catero at Krank Amps - he's one of their main guys and has been very responsive. Email him.

catero at krankamps.com

Cheers.

Geoff

I forgot to tell you, i´ve contacted the store where i bought it and they told me they no longer sell Krank.
Tried different stores from Krank site, and most of them no longer represent Krank.
One of them told i should contact Krank. Well i´ve tried...

I forgot to tell you, i´ve contacted the store where i bought it and they told me they no longer sell Krank.
Tried different stores from Krank site, and most of them no longer represent Krank.
One of them told i should contact Krank. Well i´ve tried...

Email Chris directly and you'll get a response.

But my opinion still stands. The fact that it was my own fault doesn´t change a thing. What´s the point having customer support if they don´t support you in anything.

Patrick at Krank has always been helpful to me... sent me a schematic one time for an FX loop mod and an extra knob to replace one I lost on my Rev1 (which I bought used) free of charge. I'm not sure if he's still there since they've had a lot of changes and I haven't needed anything in a long time, but maybe ask for him when you call them next time

Patrick at Krank has always been helpful to me... sent me a schematic one time for an FX loop mod and an extra knob to replace one I lost on my Rev1 (which I bought used) free of charge. I'm not sure if he's still there since they've had a lot of changes and I haven't needed anything in a long time, but maybe ask for him when you call them next time
can you give me his email?

Status
Not open for further replies.