Annalisa just bought a Wii...

Its out beginning to mid January. Can't remember exactly the release date.

Wii is awesome... I got one for Christmas... I just haven't played mine yet. Its still boxed up under the tree at my parent's house.

i went to a bunch of stores today looking to play the Wii on display, didn't find one. but found a few places with PS3 demos, so i played on that. some boxing game. after playing it i realize it isn't that big of a leap from the PS2 and even less of one from the Xbox 360. maybe it would be worth a $200 upgrade to a PS2. realism is a bit better, but the graphics are overrated. why? cause software engineers can only do so much in so much time. this is the real limitation right now. Wii owns and i have yet to play it. (soon enough i guess)

I bought a wii the day the released it, it was one hell of a lineup!!
Its loads of fun, Ive got zelda and rampage, zelda is an amazing game and rampage is pretty cool but gets boring fast. Ive already had a few Wii parties, its a really great system for having people over, playing rounds of golf or bowling, its just great.

Karen, the Wii is nintendos new console. Its a game system with an interesting new twist on controllers. Rather than laying on the couch mashing buttons, you actually have to swing the controller around. Its a step towards virtual reality I guess, but not as graphically fancy. Like when you play the golf game you actually hold the controller like a golf club and have to swing it at a certain strength and accuracy to hit the ball. Its kinda neat, and you dont feel like such a lazy pile of crap when you are playing the Wii for a while!

maybe it would be worth a $200 upgrade to a PS2. realism is a bit better, but the graphics are overrated. why? cause software engineers can only do so much in so much time. this is the real limitation right now.

its not really a smart idea to conclude somethings limitations right when it first comes out. just wait a bit and you'll see the real great stuff.

I'll get a Wii sooner or later as well. ^^

I'm holding out to see which console the new Resident Evil, Legacy of Kain or Castlevania hits first.

Resident Evil 5 is scheduled for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, Legacy of Kain will more than likely hit the 360 and PS3 or all 3. And Castlevania... just buy a DS... the 2D CV games on the DS are better than anything you will get on consoles however CV SOTN will be released on Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade so you can download the full game for like 5-8 bucks and play in a crisp 1080 resolution.

Karen, the Wii is designed to get everyone to play by taking away the conventional game controller and giving users and familiar interface, the remote control, you just point and click like you would with a TV remote. Also the Wii has a menu system that looks like little TV screens all called "Channels" and it has a Channel Changer on the remote to scroll through the different functions of the console. It's pretty fun for everyone.

i went to a bunch of stores today looking to play the Wii on display, didn't find one. but found a few places with PS3 demos, so i played on that. some boxing game. after playing it i realize it isn't that big of a leap from the PS2 and even less of one from the Xbox 360. maybe it would be worth a $200 upgrade to a PS2. realism is a bit better, but the graphics are overrated. why? cause software engineers can only do so much in so much time. this is the real limitation right now. Wii owns and i have yet to play it. (soon enough i guess)

The graphics are far overrated for the PS3 only because of lazy developers. The PS3's graphics abilities are amazing... Just gotta wait for a game to really push its limits. Look at games for the 360, some look like Xbox 1 games at best.. but when a company like Microsoft, who knows the consoles limitations the best puts out a game like Project Gothem Racing 3, then you can really see just how good the graphics look. Also Games like Gears of War that have been in development for so long that look really good. Gears has some awesome lighting effects and graphical elements. And games like Rainbow 6 Vegas. Ubisoft has a great team of developers and they spent alot of time on the game.. Almost every single characater movement was made using state of the art motion capture technology, so all movement is as real as could be. Also the graphics and effects look excellent.

Im excited to see what Sony has up their sleves, Metal Gear Solid 4 looks very promising graphically.