Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double Live Annihilation

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • All for you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jezusjan

Frying Pan Insanity
Since the new album All for You is out, I have thought much about this question.. What is the best Annihilator album??
The new album seems to show a tremendous evolution even since Waking the Fury.. The main drawback is the thing of the crappy vocals in many songs.. (Where is Joe Comeau when you need him??)

So still I'm going for Never, Neverland, which is, in my opinion still the best album ever because of the insane riffs and solo's combined with speed, especially on The Fun Palace and Imperiled Eyes. (even better than Alice in Hell)

(because Phantasmagoria is a bootleg, I leave it out of the poll)

I fully agree with your opinion, "Never Neverland" is my favorite and the vocals on the new album are horrible IMO.

"Carnival Diablos" and "Alice in Hell" are close favorites as well.

I voted for Never Neverland, along with Alice In Hell those are the only 2 Annihilator albums I like. I try to check out each new one when it comes out but none of them have really grabbed me.

Greeno said:
I voted for Never Neverland, along with Alice In Hell those are the only 2 Annihilator albums I like. I try to check out each new one when it comes out but none of them have really grabbed me.
I'm right with you Greeno. It was tough to choose between the two, but I did choose AiH. None of the others seemed like they had the songwriting of those two.

Bryant

I didn't include that one in this poll because it is a demo.. but at the Bag of Tricks album there is a version of Back to the Crypt and Phantasmagoria which is faster and heavier than the later versions of the songs.. (and even grunted.. although pretty bad :D)

Jeff Waters is one of my favorite axemen and I consider myself an Annihilator fan, still there's somthing that bugs me about him.

It seems that Jeff always feels the need to be up-to-date, even when it doesn't mix up well with his music.

Examples :
- when Thrash Metal was considered has-been in the mid 90's, he watered down his music and released softer stuff. Hey I like a ballad like "Phenix Rising", don't get me wrong, but he almost left thrash when it wasn't mainstrean anymore...
- when Industrial Metal was everywhere in the press, he released "Remains".
- when the Thrash scene came back, he changed his mind and released the kick ass "Criteria for a Black Widow".
- now that nu metal and pop metal climb in the charts, he adds some pop and even a few nu elements (not many fortunately) in his latest album.

Anybody else got the same impression?

Anyway he still kicks ass live, like nobody does.

Fangface said:
Anybody else got the same impression?

I think that's the reason I never got into the newer albums, never knew what the next one was gonna sound like. I seem to even recall an AC/DC sounding song on one of them.

Alice In Hell, BY FAR. Never,Neverland was alright, but nothing special,and that was about the last thing worth checking out from those guys, evrything else does nothing for me. And, i got to hear a promo of All For You(am I the only one that thinks about the Janet Jackson song of the same name when i hear htis title?) and quite frankly, i think it's downright horrible. I hate it. But Alice In Hell is a fucking classic! And it's just pure coincidence that I happen to be listening to it right now.

Greeno said:
I think that's the reason I never got into the newer albums, never knew what the next one was gonna sound like. I seem to even recall an AC/DC sounding song on one of them.
It's probably "Shallow Grave" on Carnival Diablos, great song to play air guitar :headbang:

Never, Neverland followed by Alice in Hell and then by Criteria of a Black Widow. By the way, Annihilator is one of the most underrated thrash bands of all time :headbang: Jeff Waters :worship: