• Waking the Fury

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double Live Annihilation

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • All for you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fangface said:
Jeff Waters is one of my favorite axemen and I consider myself an Annihilator fan, still there's somthing that bugs me about him.

It seems that Jeff always feels the need to be up-to-date, even when it doesn't mix up well with his music.
[snip]
Anybody else got the same impression?
His sound has definitely evolved, and it's possible he did this to try to stay relevant, but I've had another thought about artists that end up doing this. Consider, for those of us/you who are music fans, but who are not in the position of working our asses off trying to earn a living as non-coverband musicians.. If you were constantly trying to write or produce your own music, you most likely wouldn't have much time to devote to the internet and finding the music you like. Most likely, you'd only have time to listen to the radio once in a while, and all you'd ever hear is what is popular at the time. This may easily influence your style and/or you may actually like some of the popular crap, and choose to incorporate that sound in your writing. It seems logical to me that it could happen..

Or, he could just be trying to sound relevant enough to get larger circulation.

Still, I've liked most of what Annihilator has done, though the crappy guitar tone on WAKING THE FURY really annoyed me. Glad to hear that ALL FOR YOU is back to normalcy.

Fangface said:
Looks like the first 2 albums are always the most praised ;)
Oh, and I had to choose REFRESH THE DEMON, though I had a hard time choosing between that, KOTK, STWOF & CARNIVAL DIABLOS. I definitely appreciated Jeff when he began displaying all his varied influences moreso than when all he did was thrash. That got old really quick for me. I still love the title track off the debut, but nothing else from that release keeps my attention for long. (somehow, I see myself looking something like :hotjump: pretty soon)