Another favourites thread... Drummers this time

Xeroth

Bringer of Light
Jun 6, 2006
UK
www.vampirefreaks.com
Reply with ur favourite drummers and say why.

Mine are Virgil Donati (Planet X),Neill Purt (Rush),Raymond Herrera (Fear Factory) and Joey Jordison (SlipKnoT)

Mike portnoy, jason rullo, Johnny bonhom, neil peart. why? because they are the best. the guy from strapping young lad's good too.

John Bonham (Led Zeppelin), Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Jaska Raatikainen (Children of Bodom), Jon Theodore (The Mars Volta)

Thomas Kalksma (Detonation) : Great speed, fascinating technique.
Anders Jivarp (Dark Tranquillity) : Those who know drumming, know that Jivarp is a technical mastermind.
Landryx (uneXpect) : Holy crap.
Patrik Hultin (Burst) : I looooove his style.
Fredrik Andersson (Amon Amarth) : Once again, great style. Brutal, military, viking!

Jaska Raaidlkajfakljff ( children of bodom) : great style, fast without being cocky
Martin Lopez ( ex-Opeth) : wonderfull technique!
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) : he has a beastly kit
Adrian Erlandson? (cradle of filth) : powerfull, fast, good stage presence
Ginger Fish (Marilyn Manson): interesting kit, meaning he's creative, good technique pretty insane on stage.

can't really think of any others.

^I agree with mendez for opeth. I love his kit tone, but he left, right?

and the bal-sagoth drummer is very good too.

Flo Mounier in Cryptopsy - one of the fastest I've ever heard.

Jan Axel von Blomberg in Mayhem, Arcturus, etc. - a chameleon drummer. I particularly like his stick work on The Sham Mirrors and Chimera.

David Gray in Akercocke - Great drummer AND a great lyricist.

Davide Piovesan in Ephel Duath - even more jazz-ingrained than Atheist or Cynic. Very inventive.

Pat Mastelotto in King Crimson - I love that he's not afraid to incorporate programmed drums into his playing, and quite extensively, at that.

hrymr - helheim
fenriz - darkthrone
dave ingraham - bruce dickinson band, tribe of gypsies
adrian erlandsson - at the gates
daniel moilanen - runemagick
lasse pelkonen - skepticism
kvitrafn - bak de syv fjell, gorgoroth, det hedenske folk etc.

Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
Trym Torson (Emperor)
Gene Hoglan (Death , Dark Angel..)
Richard Christy (Death , Iced Earth..)

Tomas Haake (Meshuggah)
Chris Adler (Lamb Of God)
Mikko Siren
Inferno (Behemoth)
Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel)
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
Chris Pennie (The Dillinger Escape Plan)
Jordan Manchino (As I Lay Dying)
Spag (Mudvayne)
George Kollias (Nile)
Vinnie Paul (Pantera)

Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
What's he called from Chimaira
Dave Mackintosh (D-Force)
Fredrik Andersson (Amon Amarth)
Most prog-metal drummers are great too

Dave !! - Slayer Lombardo absolutely OWNS in the lightning fazst fills department
Mark Zonder - former Fates Warning. Technical wizard with style to match. Extremely underrated.
Andreas Lill - Vanden Plas Andy wouldn't have made my list except for the latest VP release. He absolutely blew me away on that one.
Kirk Arrington - former Metal Church "Blessing in Disguise" might be the best "drum" release I can think of. Great, great playing in this one. Not the technical wizardry some possess, but style that sets above anyone else.
Stian Kristoffersen - Pagans Mind. This guy is as good of a drummer there is today. He is unbelievable in style and technical ability.
Vinnie Paul - Pantera. Great doublle kicker. Still enjoy his old Pantera work.
Phil Rudd - former AC/DC pure "in the pocket player, but a master at timing and metre. Tougher to play than he sounds due to his perfection.
Michael Cartellone - Lynyrd Skynyrd (former Damned Yankees etc.) I saw Skynyrd a few years back and they aren't typically the style of band that makes you think to yourself... "Wow !! their drummer kicks ass !!" Indeed it happened though. The guy is a mchine, and put in his own unique touches all throughout the huge Skynyrd setlist. He is a powerhouse.

Bryant

Mike portnoy
Dave Lombardo (although i dont really care for the rest of the band)
John Bonham
Igor Cavalera
Kirk Arrington
Scott Travis