Anthrax not signed with ArtistDirect?? What the fuck is going on?

Originally posted by xxslick66xx
Some thing funny is going on with this site. . .there was a post by someone called Buzzard and now its not on here ????

Dude that is gay . .. what people can't have their own voices or some thing ??? What the fuck !!!!! Yeah he posted something about anthrax or laughed or something. . . . . whatever .. .

So we are now Un Americans that like to Censor / //?? Anthrax the band that writes songs like Startin up a Posse which was against censorship is now following the trend !!!! Come'on man. . .

WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS !!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE EVERYONE SEE THIS AND YOU CAN FUCKING BAND ME OFF THIS MUTHA FUCKA CAUSE IF YOU ARE GOING TO START CENSORING WHAT YOUR OWN FUCKING FANS HAVE TO SAY THE FUCK YOU ALL !!!!!

1) Learn to type.
2) 'Buzzard' was posing as Billy Milano (or was Billy Milano) so there's a number of reasons his post could have been deleted legitley.
3) Learn to fucking type.

oh man this bullshit!!!!!!!! they should just sign with nuclear blast in the u.s cuz they promote the shit out of bands and that label wont go out of business. sign with nuclear blast or spitfire. come on guys the u.s fans need foood too!!! feed us a freakin bone here. i always got my imports coming.

1. If the guy was Milano (or even if he wasn't) the post should have remained. None of us know what happen With Billy vs Scott andCharlie. So why should we care... ITs personall Hopefully one day SGT D will rise again. And I don;t think there should be any censorship on this board.
2. I believe there was a link here to BMG/ artist direct. iTs gone.
GO with nulear blast or a equally good label. Anthrax is a potential gold mine to a label if this record is promoted. I would suggest they also check Dreamworks records.
3 Let's not shit as loaf yet fellow fans. We will all have the record soon enogh. Patience is a virtue.
4. My spelling sucks. Tough shit don't read it.
LOVE YA BABE! HORNS UP MOTHER FUCKERS.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

i will wait for official word but some of the blame def lies with anthrax.

roadrunner may not be the best label on the planet but they are the best out of a bad bunch!!!

I cannot figure out why there are having such label problems. Call me naive, but I would think a band of there talent could get a decent label deal done. With this shit happening again, I would have to say this is probably the end of the band. Why would they keep going through this bullshit to sell 30,000 albums

I dont understand how some of you are putting the blame on Anthrax. At the time I'm sure that they took what they thought was the best offer. Its not like they wanted it to turn out this way. (thats if all this is true)

In my opinion they should sign with Century Media.

The best way to promote is with touring. Anthrax just need to start touring reguardless of whether or not the album is out. It's already out on the net anyway. Live music can NEVER be duplicated or ripped off. It's real.

Also...half the shit on blabbermouth is bullshit. This may be bullshit, but I'm thinking it's true because this thread has been around long enough for Brentney to step up and say the "rumours" are just "rumours". He hasn't........

Alex my friend, you're probably right. I don't think Thrax would let a thread like this get very far without Brentney nippin a rumor like this in the bud FAST.

Originally posted by Cincy Vigilante
I dont understand how some of you are putting the blame on Anthrax. At the time I'm sure that they took what they thought was the best offer. Its not like they wanted it to turn out this way. (thats if all this is true)

In my opinion they should sign with Century Media.

Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite band, but I refuse to be Stepford Fan and fall in line w/ everything they say. YES, they did get fucked over by Elektra. YES, they got dooped when Ignition went under. But, wtf were they thinking when they signed w/ that label???? Do you realize they turned down Polygram for Ignition! DUH!!! Well, you'd think they'd learned, then they signed w/ Beyond. We've seen what Beyond did for Motley Crue and Sammy Hagar's career:lol: :lol: But, after 3 failed albums, they still think they should be on some huge label. You know who suffers from Anthrax's inability to secure a label and a good manager - WE DO, because we have no product to buy, and no concert to see, and the band in turn suffers. But at this point, just give up the fucking ghost. Sign to Metal Blade, Roadrunner, Sanctuary, whatever, just get the fucking record out. It's been 8 years since Stomp. You'd think they'd learn to do shit right and stop crying around about getting fucked over. Yes, they have worse luck than any other band, but at a certain point, you are culpable for some of it as well, and you just have to move on.

Assuming this story is true...

Either Anthrax and their management didn't do their homework or the label was guilty of misrepresentation. Nobody told them they had to sign with Ignition. Nobody told them they should agree to terms with Artist Direct. We could spend days trying to place the blame but what's done is done...or in this case, what's NOT done ISN'T done. It's a very sad situation. With the album now available on the Internet and now this, well, let's just say there's no joy in Mudville.

As an aside, I did find it interesting there has been no mention of Artist Direct on their website for the past few days. It seemed quite odd that there has been no mention whatsoever of the North American release of the album. I guess it all makes sense now.

Rich

Just got this E-Mail from Charlie... hope this eases everyones worries...

I can't get into this now. Artist direct has problems, we don't want to be accosiated with any problems, we're going elsewhere
can't say where just yet

i agree with td just get the fucking record out and let the music do the talking.

they prob went with artist direct because on the surface it was the best financially while maybe not looking at the bigger picture.