Anthrax not signed with ArtistDirect?? What the fuck is going on?

i spose we should try and look on the bright side it is getting released in europe and japan

at least its not a chinese democracy lol.

the main reason i am pissed off because if it doesnt get released in america etc there is little chance of the band making downunder,there release needs to be a succesful one,return of the killer a's sold 30 thousand copies so one would assume that a new record would seel at least 80 to 100 thousand records!!!

Originally posted by poorchoiceofwords
Somebody tell me this isn't true.

ANTHRAX: ARTISTDIRECT Deal A No-Go - Feb. 13, 2003

Contrary to previous reports, ANTHRAX have not signed a North American record deal with ArtistDirect Records and are no longer involved in contract negotiations with the label, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. It is not presently clear how this latest development will affect the projected release date for the group's new album, "We've Come For You All", which was previously expected to be issued in the U.S. on April 15. "We've Come For You All" was released in Japan last week and is due in Europe on Feb. 24 through Nuclear Blast Records.

The only other band with this streak of bad luck was "badfinger.":lol:

I'd love to see some verification of that claim that they "turned down Polygram for ArtistDirect."

The record is done, someone will put it out, if only because it's recorded and paid for, and getting rave reviews. It's a low risk. I don't think a hiccup like this is "the end of the band," if they were that fragile they'd have been done in years ago. The music business sucks, plain and simple.

Also, the more people buy the import and don't buy the US version when it does come out, the less likely they are to KEEP a deal. Of course, there'll probably be bonus tracks or multimedia content to make the US version different. Me, I'm gonna listen to my mp3's till release date, then mosey down to an independent record store that I know is Soundscan'd, and I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is.

REFUSE TO BE DENIED!
K

Originally posted by InfernalKeith
I'd love to see some verification of that claim that they "turned down Polygram for ArtistDirect."

The record is done, someone will put it out, if only because it's recorded and paid for, and getting rave reviews. It's a low risk. I don't think a hiccup like this is "the end of the band," if they were that fragile they'd have been done in years ago. The music business sucks, plain and simple.

Also, the more people buy the import and don't buy the US version when it does come out, the less likely they are to KEEP a deal. Of course, there'll probably be bonus tracks or multimedia content to make the US version different. Me, I'm gonna listen to my mp3's till release date, then mosey down to an independent record store that I know is Soundscan'd, and I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is.

REFUSE TO BE DENIED!
K

td was talking bout an offer before volume 8 came along and they went with ignition over polygram

REFUSE TO BE DENIED!
K

Where in the hell did I say they turned down Polygram for Artist Direct? Oh, I didn't ok, I wondering....to "verify" since you think I just pull this shit out of nowhere, Scott has stated on more than one occasion that Polygram made the band an offer in late 1996. So yes, Vol. 8 could've been on Polygram.

Heheheheh... if people actually READ Infernal Combustion, that might be true.

My apologies for the misreading of the "Polygram" thing, something misfired between eyes and brain, I humbly apologize and will eat poop if it makes anyone feel better. I was wrong. Please extinguish flames at the door.

But the music business still sucks a fat one.

K

Originally posted by xxslick66xx
Some thing funny is going on with this site. . .there was a post by someone called Buzzard and now its not on here ????

Dude that is gay . .. what people can't have their own voices or some thing ??? What the fuck !!!!! Yeah he posted something about anthrax or laughed or something. . . . . whatever .. .

So we are now Un Americans that like to Censor / //?? Anthrax the band that writes songs like Startin up a Posse which was against censorship is now following the trend !!!! Come'on man. . .

WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS !!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE EVERYONE SEE THIS AND YOU CAN FUCKING BAND ME OFF THIS MUTHA FUCKA CAUSE IF YOU ARE GOING TO START CENSORING WHAT YOUR OWN FUCKING FANS HAVE TO SAY THE FUCK YOU ALL !!!!!

check the right thread before you start foaming!!!!http://64.157.176.134/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74331

Heheheheh... if people actually READ Infernal Combustion, that might be true.

Man I spent a night reading the entire thing and sending articles back and forth with someone.

Good stuff, I'm jealous of your genius.

Heh, Blabbermouth used the email Charlie sent Buddy as a news bit today. Which one of you is the Blabbermouth troll?

ANTHRAX's BENANTE On ARTISTDIRECT: WE Don't Want Any Problems - Feb. 14, 2003

ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante has officially confirmed the termination of the group's contract negotiations with ArtistDirect Records (as exclusively reported here yesterday) and has revealed that the band are currently in talks to sign a new U.S. deal with an as-yet-undetermined company. "ArtistDirect has problems, [and] we don't want to be associated with any problems," Benante explained in an e-mail to a fan. "We're going elsewhere. Can't say where just yet." ANTHRAX's new album, "We've Come For You All", was released in Japan last week and is due in Europe on Feb. 24 through Nuclear Blast Records.

Yeah...who's plugging blabbermouth with info? I haven't even looked into blabbermouth lately...or does blabbermouth have to come here to learn about what's going on with Anthrax and then saying he officially confirmed it off of a post on a message board? Great news gathering.

they copy and paste alphamails and other shit off the official website so why wouldn't they do this? it's gonna be funny one day when someone puts something up realy crazy like "charlie just told me anthrax is breaking up!!!!!!!" and blabbermouth is gonna run with it and look like dumb asses.
-Jono-