ANTHRAX REUNION BASHING CLUB

:erk: Well done guys......

TEN REASONS WHY WE DO NOT SUPPORT THE REUNION:

1. WE TAKE IT AS A SPIT IN THE FACE OF THE MUSICIANS WHO HELPED CREATE THE BEST LINEUP OF ANTHRAX UP TO DATE

Just step back for a second, has it ever occured to you that alot of hard work was put into the anthrax name before John Bush joined the band??

2. IT MAKES THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS CD LOOK PRETTY POINTLESS

Or a great way to remember the mediocre job John bush did on the classics :lol:

3. IT DISSES THE FANS WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ANTHRAX FOR THE PAST 13 YEARS

Just as the fans were dissed when joey left the band....

4. IT LOOKS LIKE CRAWLING BACK TO THE FAIRWEATHER FANS WHO ONCE BAILED ON ANTHRAX

:worship: Did you think that up all by yourself???

5. IT MAKES THE FANS QUESTION SCOTT'S AND CHARLIE'S INTEGRITY, CONSIDERING ALL THE PAST INTERVIEWS

First good point you've made well done :)

6. IT'S ALSO A BIT FISHY CONSIDERING THE STATEMENT TO THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS "THIS IS HOW THE SONGS WERE MEANT TO BE SUNG IN THE FIRST PLACE"

I thought you had 10 reasons.... "it looks a bit fishy" :lol: Dont "Make me Laugh" :headbang:

7. IT MAKES ANTHRAX LOOK LIKE ANY OTHER NOSTALGIC, WASHED-UP 80'S METAL BAND

:zzz:

8. IT PROBABLY MEANS THAT THE BUSH ERA WILL BE FORGOTTEN FOREVER, WHICH MEANS WE WILL NEVER HEAR "ONLY", "ROOM FOR ONE MORE", "INSIDE OUT" AND "SAFE HOME" LIVE

Agreed, that is dissapointing

9. IT MAKES US WONDER WHY THE BAND HAS NOT SAID A CLEAR WORD WHETHER THIS REUNION IS PERMANENT OR NOT

??? I thought these were 10 reasons why you dont support the reunion?
So lets get this straight the reunion makes you wonder why the band has not said a clear word about the reunion :err: you are "talking in circles" mate :lol:

10. A REUNION IS ALWAYS THE LAST CARD THE BAND COULD PLAY.

.... Or a great way to inject some public interest around the band

You sould have called it
TWO REASONS WHY WE DO NOT SUPPORT THE REUNION: (And 8 comments we thought long and hard about)

There is no doubt in my mind John Bush will be back in the band eventually, so why not give joey a break and enjoy the reunion :headbang:

among_the_dead said:
To all you crying and moaning about john bush, it was the same when joey left in 92'
But im old enough to remember the old days with joe and most of you dont and have no idea what your talking about becouse you didnt start listening until bush was already in the band.
I cant wait to hear the replies to this.
Bring it on.
Dude.. I don't think there are any 12 year olds here. We're all long time Anthrax Fans. The difference is that some of us have taken our heads out of our asses long enough to see that Anthrax has stayed relevant all these years... which is something they could not have done if they kept doing the same old shit. I used to Love the old Anthrax, just like I used to love my '80's Chevy Impala. But would I trade my new car for it..... Absolutely not. It’s old news man. Cut the Mullet, Throw away the Cinderella Tour Shirt and the skin tight levis, and join us in the 21st century

ThrashinMad said:
well i agree metallica's status is really irrelevant because they completely lost it.

Megadeth has done a lot better. correct me if i'm wrong, but i would be willing to bet that Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings were more successful than Stomp and Vol. 8. and i remember when Risk came out and everyone made a big fuss over it because of how commercial it was. bad press is better than no press. The System has Failed hasn't been that bad, relatively speaking, either. go on the Megadeth message board and see how many fans are there. and while Gigantour wasn't a huge success or anything, it was good enough to get all those bands on the slot, and there should be one next year.

everyone loves Slayer. go to any show and you're bound to hear someone yell "play some Slayer!" fans of any type of hard music have loads of respect for them. people will always buy their albums.

fact is the other bands all remained in the public eye a lot more than Anthrax has, and its really unfortunate.
Can we stop judging a bands success by how popular they are…. Holy crap, this is a metal forum people. Maybe there is a Good Charlotte forum out there you’d like to join.

DumbAss said:
Dude.. I don't think there are any 12 year olds here. We're all long time Anthrax Fans. The difference is that some of us have taken our heads out of our asses long enough to see that Anthrax has stayed relevant all these years... which is something they could not have done if they kept doing the same old shit. I used to Love the old Anthrax, just like I used to love my '80's Chevy Impala. But would I trade my new car for it..... Absolutely not. It’s old news man. Cut the Mullet, Throw away the Cinderella Tour Shirt and the skin tight levis, and join us in the 21st century
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Originally Posted by Papa Josh
Are you fucking kidding me????

Monetarily Metallica is doing better, but we all know what they did to get there.

Megadeth isn't doing any better, and Slayer???? Remains to be seen in regards to Slayer....

Gold and Plat records stats(RIAA)
Artist Title Cert. Date Label Award Desc. Format
ANTHRAX I'M THE MAN 08/19/88 ISLAND G SHORTFORMALBUM
ANTHRAX STATE OF EUPHORIA 02/08/89 ISLAND G ALBUM
ANTHRAX N.F.V./OIDIVNIKUFESIN 05/24/89 ISLAND VIDEO G VIDEO
ANTHRAX AMONG THE LIVING 07/31/90 ISLAND G
ANTHRAX PERSISTENCE OF TIME 01/17/91 ISLAND G
ANTHRAX ATTACK OF THE KILLER B'S 11/07/91 ISLAND G ANTHRAX I'M THE MAN 01/07/93 ISLAND P
ANTHRAX THE SOUND OF WHITE NOISE 07/13/93 ELEKTRA G

MEGADETH PEACE SELLS ... BUT WHO'S BUYING 11/28/88 CAPITOL G ALBUM
MEGADETH SO FAR, SO GOOD ... SO WHAT! 02/16/90 CAPITOL G ALBUM
MEGADETH RUST IN PEACE 01/23/91 CAPITOL G ALBUM
MEGADETH COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION 09/09/92 CAPITOL P ALBUM
MEGADETH COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION 09/09/92 CAPITOL G ALBUM
MEGADETH PEACE SELLS ... BUT WHO'S BUYING 11/11/92 CAPITOL P ALBUM MEGADETH RUST IN PEACE 12/13/94 CAPITOL P ALBUM
MEGADETH COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION 12/13/94 CAPITOL M (2)
MEGADETH YOUTHANASIA 01/05/95 CAPITOL P ALBUM
MEGADETH YOUTHANASIA 01/05/95 CAPITOL G ALBUM
MEGADETH CRYPTIC WRITINGS 10/09/97 CAPITOL G ALBUM
MEGADETH SO FAR, SO GOOD ... SO WHAT! 05/26/98 CAPITOL P ALBUM
MEGADETH RUDE AWAKENING 07/23/02 SANCTUARY RECORDS GROUP G VIDEO

SLAYER SOUTH OF HEAVEN 11/20/92 DEF AMERICAN G ALBUM
SLAYER REIGN IN BLOOD 11/20/92 DEF AMERICAN G ALBUM
SLAYER SEASONS IN THE ABYSS 04/09/93 DEF AMERICAN G ALBUM
SLAYER DIVINE INTERVENTION 12/06/94 AMERICAN G ALBUM
SLAYER WAR AT THE WARFIELD 02/06/04 AMERICAN G VIDEO

Clearly your arguments are wrong

reidie said:
:erk: Well done guys......

TEN REASONS WHY WE DO NOT SUPPORT THE REUNION:

1. WE TAKE IT AS A SPIT IN THE FACE OF THE MUSICIANS WHO HELPED CREATE THE BEST LINEUP OF ANTHRAX UP TO DATE

Just step back for a second, has it ever occured to you that alot of hard work was put into the anthrax name before John Bush joined the band??

2. IT MAKES THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS CD LOOK PRETTY POINTLESS

Or a great way to remember the mediocre job John bush did on the classics :lol:

3. IT DISSES THE FANS WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ANTHRAX FOR THE PAST 13 YEARS

Just as the fans were dissed when joey left the band....

4. IT LOOKS LIKE CRAWLING BACK TO THE FAIRWEATHER FANS WHO ONCE BAILED ON ANTHRAX

:worship: Did you think that up all by yourself???

5. IT MAKES THE FANS QUESTION SCOTT'S AND CHARLIE'S INTEGRITY, CONSIDERING ALL THE PAST INTERVIEWS

First good point you've made well done :)

6. IT'S ALSO A BIT FISHY CONSIDERING THE STATEMENT TO THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS "THIS IS HOW THE SONGS WERE MEANT TO BE SUNG IN THE FIRST PLACE"

I thought you had 10 reasons.... "it looks a bit fishy" :lol: Dont "Make me Laugh" :headbang:

7. IT MAKES ANTHRAX LOOK LIKE ANY OTHER NOSTALGIC, WASHED-UP 80'S METAL BAND

:zzz:

8. IT PROBABLY MEANS THAT THE BUSH ERA WILL BE FORGOTTEN FOREVER, WHICH MEANS WE WILL NEVER HEAR "ONLY", "ROOM FOR ONE MORE", "INSIDE OUT" AND "SAFE HOME" LIVE

Agreed, that is dissapointing

9. IT MAKES US WONDER WHY THE BAND HAS NOT SAID A CLEAR WORD WHETHER THIS REUNION IS PERMANENT OR NOT

??? I thought these were 10 reasons why you dont support the reunion?
So lets get this straight the reunion makes you wonder why the band has not said a clear word about the reunion :err: you are "talking in circles" mate :lol:

10. A REUNION IS ALWAYS THE LAST CARD THE BAND COULD PLAY.

.... Or a great way to inject some public interest around the band

You sould have called it
TWO REASONS WHY WE DO NOT SUPPORT THE REUNION: (And 8 comments we thought long and hard about)

There is no doubt in my mind John Bush will be back in the band eventually, so why not give joey a break and enjoy the reunion :headbang:

lol you're funny.
1) Nobody denies this. But then Anthrax moved on with a singer who suoited them better - that was the official story. So what was your argument?
2) Mediocre is your opinion - therefore, pointless argument.
3) See point 1 again
4) If you don't have anything clever to say, keep your mouth shut.
6) See point 4 again
9) Which part of this easy-to-comprehend sentence don't you understand?
10) Yeah, and then what.

Moral of the story:
See point 4 again.

the_walking_dude said:
what sad joke this whole thing is. A "reuion basher list" come get a fucking life. I really dont know what your going to achieve by this. hmmmm not a lot. Stop whinging and move on

I agree.

Seriously, some people need to get out more.

DumbAss said:
Can we stop judging a bands success by how popular they are…. Holy crap, this is a metal forum people. Maybe there is a Good Charlotte forum out there you’d like to join.
why don't you read everything i said and keep it in context?
a lot of people here are saying how much "better" a vocalist Bush is for Anthrax than Joey, but the facts don't lie.

how "popular" they are doesn't matter in terms of whether or not we want to see the band's videos on Mtv's "TRL" or some nonsense, but it DOES matter when its concerning WHETHER OR NOT THE BAND WILL CONTINUE.

and the fact that Anthrax were one of the "Big 4" during the 80s, yet basically ignored today compared to metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer causes any THINKING person to ask questions why. and maybe then people can start to realize that the classic line-up has an unique sound and chemistry that they lost during the Bush-era.

DumbAss said:
you want to criticize people over things like "judging popularity on a metal forum", and yet you don't realize how hypocritical you sound by judging certain metal music or styles as "dated." i bet you feel real secure about how "relevant" and "modern" you are, and yet there would still be a group of people laughing at you for even listening to metal at all, especially if its some "80s headbanger band" that most other people since have stopped listening to while you remained a long-time Anthrax fan.

among_the_dead said:
especially if you've been listening since 84'. It's hard to believe.

I'm another one who bought F.O.M back in 84. Seen them in 84 as well.Anthrax was great with Joey I bought all the albums when they came out.When John joined the band,I still bought all the albums,I even thought it was better.
Now that Joeys back,hurray for all of the members of Anthrax.
So I too liked Johns era better than Joey's.
W.C.F.Y.A is their best Album period
If the do an album with Joey & Danny I find it hard to believe that this album will be better.I can't see into the future but who knows what it will sound like maybe it will be better maybe not who the fuck knows we just have to wait & see. \m/ :headbang:

ThrashinMad said:
you want to criticize people over things like "judging popularity on a metal forum", and yet you don't realize how hypocritical you sound by judging certain metal music or styles as "dated." i bet you feel real secure about how "relevant" and "modern" you are, and yet there would still be a group of people laughing at you for even listening to metal at all, especially if its some "80s headbanger band" that most other people since have stopped listening to while you remained a long-time Anthrax fan.
First, I want to start by saying I don't really understand you. Why does it make me hypocritical to recognise certain styles of music as dated? My point about popularity is simply that it doesn't matter. I hear people comparing Anthrax to Metallica, and the fact is.... Metallica sucks. Metallica changed from a metal band to a Pop band to achieve that success. Anthrax never did that and that’s what I mean when I say relevant. I personally don't give a fuck about popularity. Nine times out of ten, when a band becomes popular, they start making music for profit instead of for themselves or thier fans. It has nothing to do with how relevant or modern I think I am, and if people want to laugh at me, as you say, for the music I listen to...FINE... I don't really give a fuck. I’ll even give you some ammo. I am a big fan of everything from Tom Jones to Fantomas, from Prince to Strapping Young Lad. That's my choice dude... I don't give a fuck what anyone has to say about that.
P.S. Some of the comments I made in the Post that you quoted were meant in response that other Dick. But I do realise that it looks like I was trashing ALL Joey fans. That wasn’t my intension, so you do have my apologies on that.

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
I'm another one who bought F.O.M back in 84. Seen them in 84 as well.Anthrax was great with Joey I bought all the albums when they came out.When John joined the band,I still bought all the albums,I even thought it was better.
Now that Joeys back,hurray for all of the members of Anthrax.
So I too liked Johns era better than Joey's.
W.C.F.Y.A is their best Album period
If the do an album with Joey & Danny I find it hard to believe that this album will be better.I can't see into the future but who knows what it will sound like maybe it will be better maybe not who the fuck knows we just have to wait & see. \m/ :headbang:
You’re right man, in my opinion; WCFYA was their best album to date

DumbAss said:
First, I want to start by saying I don't really understand you. Why does it make me hypocritical to recognise certain styles of music as dated? My point about popularity is simply that it doesn't matter. I hear people comparing Anthrax to Metallica, and the fact is.... Metallica sucks. Metallica changed from a metal band to a Pop band to achieve that success. Anthrax never did that and that’s what I mean when I say relevant. I personally don't give a fuck about popularity. Nine times out of ten, when a band becomes popular, they start making music for profit instead of for themselves or thier fans. It has nothing to do with how relevant or modern I think I am, and if people want to laugh at me, as you say, for the music I listen to...FINE... I don't really give a fuck. I’ll even give you some ammo. I am a big fan of everything from Tom Jones to Fantomas, from Prince to Strapping Young Lad. That's my choice dude... I don't give a fuck what anyone has to say about that.
P.S. Some of the comments I made in the Post that you quoted were meant in response that other Dick. But I do realise that it looks like I was trashing ALL Joey fans. That wasn’t my intension, so you do have my apologies on that.
ah, its cool man. there are a lot of people who talk about all 80s metal as being dated, and they care too much about what's popular. to them, if its popular, its ok to listen to, but once its old and loses popularity, it becomes "dated" to their ears.

i don't care about something being popular or not for the same reasons you don't. i agree with you that what currently made metallica popular now in a much more commercial sense is that they went to radio-friendly rock music. but you'd agree with me that metallica were also popular in a sense before they did that, when they were just a thrash metal band. they were popular among the metal fans, and they were popular because they were a great band who played really good music. so in other words, they had some level of success for more valid reasons, and that's where i was coming from in regards to Anthrax. of course that's my opinion but i'll stand by that strongly, and i respect where you stand with your music tastes, too. :headbang:

among_the_dead said:
To all you crying and moaning about john bush, it was the same when joey left in 92'
But im old enough to remember the old days with joe and most of you dont and have no idea what your talking about becouse you didnt start listening until bush was already in the band.
I cant wait to hear the replies to this.
Bring it on.

Yeah ummm NOT! Among the Living Tour, Aragon Ball Room Chicago.
Celtic Frost, Exodus, Anthrax.... got the T-shirt... fuck you.

spacebeer said:
I just have "Alive 2" in and I have to say this is the best ANTHRAX live disc ever! the band sounds awesome, Joey sounds awesome, Dan sounds awesome, Charlie sounds awesome, they all sound awesome!

Fuck the reunion bashers!

Hey! And they only had 13-20 some odd years to practice the songs! Give me that long and never having played.... you get the picture. LMAO! T>I>C>