Anthrax vs Slayer.

yeah this was my first time seeing ST and they were not bad though the sound SUCKED! I´d rather have seen AIC though.

Oblivious Maximus said:
...Slayer is one of the best fucking live bands out there. They absolutly kill on stage.

They are amazing. The crowd carries an amazing flow of energy at their shows as well. Very intense.

At least I'm honest. I don't strive to be classy upon society's standards. Honesty to myself and others reign over trying to impress under oppression. Hence, my love for Metal. I find myself in a family of those who are ridiculed for not confining to society's vision of "right". Individualism is our link and our pride along with our love for music that screams back louder than our voices and carries over continents.

So bow down to your peers. Conform to society. I for one am an individual.

Skorned1 said:
At least I'm honest. I don't strive to be classy upon society's standards. Honesty to myself and others reign over trying to impress under oppression. Hence, my love for Metal. I find myself in a family of those who are ridiculed for not confining to society's vision of "right". Individualism is our link and our pride along with our love for music that screams back louder than our voices and carries over continents.

So bow down to your peers. Conform to society. I for one am an individual.

:rolleyes: Touching.... sounds like leftover Manowar lyrics though, but touching non-the-less.

SlappyWhitey said:
Slayer has stayed the course throughout their entire career, that's why they have such a large following unlike Anthrax..no rap songs i.e. "I'm the Man" or "Bring the Noise". When Slayer worked with a rap artist, Ice-T, they didn't put record scratching or sampling on the song, they made it hard core, they made it Slayer. Also, Anthrax has yet to make an album that could come close to the intensity of Reign in Blood. I let my friends' 12 year old son listen to Reign in Blood and he was blown the fuck away by an album that was released in 1986. Can't say that Among the Living would do the same......

Yeah i still have my original cassettes for "reign in blood " and live undead..
but I found a live show of reign, but its just reign thats on it, nothing or not much from the other albums, where I was looking for something that had a nice mix of old and newer materials... :headbang:

:Smokedev: the Bloodline vid rocks :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :Smokedev: :devil:

To me Anthrax kicks Slayer's ass just for being diverse and not doing the same damn thing over and over again. Granted I love AC/DC and the Ramones, but they have lyrics I could relate to. I.E., drinking, women, being young, dum, and full of cum. I can say the same thing for Anthrax. They have lyrics that I could relate too and they are about a variety of shit, social commentary, comic books, Stephen King novels, racism, biggotry, religion, self determination, etc., etc.. Now I don't hate Slayer, I think Seasons in the Abyss is a fucking kick ass album, but I can't always relate to death, Satan, Hell, and evil. I'm not always that pissed, fuck I'm usually a pretty easygoing dude. That's why I like Anthrax because they have fun with their music and aren't always, "Rargh, 666, Satan rules, Fuck a Goat," because to me those lyrics are kind of boring. That and Anthrax has a way fucking better groove than Slayer. Slayer though, is still alright in my book.