Anthrax vs Slayer.

johnnieCzech said:
especially when they had no problem saying they hated each other all the time (when Dave was in the band) I prefer Bostaph on drums anyway.

Me too:headbang: I thought Bostaph brought a whole new intensity to Slayer. I am not sure how drummers are a dime a dozen to the one guy who said that. HOW are drummer's a dime a dozen:confused: ? If anything guitarist's are, anytime I go to my local music store and check out some of the want ad's, 9 out of 10 times it's for a drummer. Charlie, IMO defines Thrax's sound(just one example). You can throw distortion on a guitar and be able to make mistakes without many noticing. If you are shitty drummer then the whole band sucks ass.

Right on Steve, that´s probably all the good bands have always had excellent drummers! Well maybe except of Metallica, but that´s a little different subject.

Slayer has the following, because they haven't changed their direction since the start. Sure each album has its own little differences and feel, but anyone who likes heavy music, with dark lyrics and pounding music and drums, can ALWAYS count on Slayer. With that, they have kept almost all of their fanbase since they started and anyone else that has come to love thier style of music, has hopped on and stayed as well. One of the most consistent metal bands in the studio and live.

I also think Dave is a bit better than Paul. Paul is a great drummer.... He is quick and has great technique, but doesn't have the whole package that Dave brings... Dave has got the stamina, the speed and the punk feel. Seen 'em live with both and it just sounds tighter with Dave.

Also, they may have said they hated each other, but I never saw/heard of any of them complaining of their talent/performances, just that they thought each other were dicks. Although I could be wrong on that, I just didn't see/hear any of that.

Just my 2 cents.

I think Slayer is the best at what they do and that's Thrash. They are always on the dark\demonic edge with their lyrics and I think a lot of people really like that. Almost like the way people like horror movie directors or horror novelists.

Mr.s8n good points

Greg who says we agree with you :D

And if your cock is out go to the cyber sex thread :lol:

DarbysDad said:
I think Slayer is the best at what they do and that's Thrash. They are always on the dark\demonic edge with their lyrics and I think a lot of people really like that. Almost like the way people like horror movie directors or horror novelists.

Mr.s8n good points

Greg who says we agree with you :D

And if your cock is out go to the cyber sex thread :lol:

Agreed, Satan is a alive and well and Slayer has always been the defined to this genre lyrically and obviously one of the "big four" of thrash metal, thus around 20+ yrs. The darkness/demonic side is shared by many who also "identify" with this lifestyle. Plus, you're standard white supremacist likes 'em too and this also raises curiosity. Their shirts IMO sell more than any HEAVY band out there.

However, I saw both bands last year a month apart, same venue, etc..
Anthrax blew Slayer away on stage, their sound was better and they're just "evil" enough for me!:cool: They've always been my cup of tea lyrically and musically, but Slayer was sold out and Anthrax wasn't. I don't know how much being more fan friendly has to do with it but Slayer was hanging outside by the bus before the show. I think when Tom adresses the crowd it's kind of casual or storytelling instead of "this next song is gonna melt your face" . But, this could also be some east coast vs. west coast thing and I don't wanna start a WARDANCE!!:headbang: or do I???

Slayer never experimented?

Well what the fuck was South Of Heaven then , hey? After the intensity of Reign in Blood to South Of Heaven... not experimenting.. then what was it?

Lyrics.... Satan, death etc... I guess you havent looked through Slayers catalogue and read the lyrics, their earlier material was but as they EVOLVED , lyrics grew also.

Lombardo kicks Bostaph and Dette out of the water, he is one the best, I dont think you can compare Anthrax and Slayer , both are different kinds of Thrash Metal and have different attributes to each. I would choose Dark Angel over Slayer anyday though... and Anthrax.

Yes indeed. I jammed out to 'In a gadda da vida' or however the fuck it's spelled. I'm an 80's dork like that b/c I d/l the 'Less Than Zero' soundtrack and it was on it.

In all honesty ,slayer is way heavier then anthrax, watch the music of destruction vid, and then pop in Slayers "War at the Warfield" vid, it may be because they are a darker band...Something about Kings Heavyness, and Araya's voice (trust me if satan had a voice its his) and to think I almost bought the reign in blood concert( I will still get it but I was looking for a longer show at the time :headbang:

Paul does not have lombardo's groove

dutchy said:
back in the good old days!! Clash of the Titans!!
Trax/Megadeth/Slayer/AIC & Suicidal!!!!

Oh yeah wow that was like eons ago...I had forgotten ( well I didnt get to go iether ,but I wanted to I was a Junior in high skool...