Anthrax vs Slayer.

dutchy said:
back in the good old days!! Clash of the Titans!!
Trax/Megadeth/Slayer/AIC & Suicidal!!!!
How long was ST on that tour? When I went they weren't a part of it.

all i know is slayer are boring as fuck live, a proper snoozefest, araya can only sing in one pitch

anthrax are still the best live band out there..............bar none

johnnieCzech said:
I read somewhere Tom is a born again xtian and doesn´t like what he´s singing about, but he has to!
I don't see why he would have to, I'm sure he could retire if he wanted to. Or maybe start another band.

Slayer has stayed the course throughout their entire career, that's why they have such a large following unlike Anthrax..no rap songs i.e. "I'm the Man" or "Bring the Noise". When Slayer worked with a rap artist, Ice-T, they didn't put record scratching or sampling on the song, they made it hard core, they made it Slayer. Also, Anthrax has yet to make an album that could come close to the intensity of Reign in Blood. I let my friends' 12 year old son listen to Reign in Blood and he was blown the fuck away by an album that was released in 1986. Can't say that Among the Living would do the same......

SlappyWhitey said:
When Slayer worked with a rap artist, Ice-T, they didn't put record scratching or sampling on the song, they made it hard core, they made it Slayer.

Ice-T is a well known metalhead! He once said his most favourite song was Angel Of Death. He didn´t use any scratching or sampling in BodyCount. And Disorder kicks ass!!!!

dont think i am retarded, just find slayer live really dull..........seen em three times too all different venues, all super dull............i only like a few of their tracks so that dont help ;).......... but yeah dew scented play war ensemble with a fuck load more balls than slayer do live, if your music's that intense dont look so bored onstage y'know?

lokey said:
all i know is slayer are boring as fuck live, a proper snoozefest, araya can only sing in one pitch

anthrax are still the best live band out there..............bar none

jesus Tom may not have the greatest vocal range but boring!!! Im sorry but i cant accept that there so energetic! :headbang:

maybe its for the english crowds they like to pretend they are statues

energetic is defo not a word i would use for any of the shows i have seen..........

mustaines always watchable ;)

Slayer have just opened up an entirly new fan base for themselfs. They just finished touring with Slipnot, and all there 16+ wannabe goth fans have started to get into them from those gigs. If you go to a Slayer gig youll find a bigger number of young kids than at Anthrax ones.

Ragman_kd said:
Slayer have just opened up an entirly new fan base for themselfs. They just finished touring with Slipnot, and all there 16+ wannabe goth fans have started to get into them from those gigs. If you go to a Slayer gig youll find a bigger number of young kids than at Anthrax ones.
Anthrax's legacy will sadly be a band who didn't know how to expand their fanbase, nor keep their die-hards happy.
Slayer have mastered both, by being the AC/DC or Ramones of metal. The formula sure as hell ain't broke, and they make great album after great album. They don't change labels every album, and they are not afraid to play with Slipknot or Ozzfest to get new fans. They never bitch about their audiences, and they don't change members with every album.

johnnieCzech said:
all of this may be true but I have always found (Bush) Anthrax way more energetic onstage than Slayer.
Yes. And chances are we won't see that line-up anytime soon. Chances are we won't see any Anthrax anytime soon IMHO. This reunion isn't exactly earthshattering. Unless pissing off your core fans who stuck by you shatters the earth.

johnnieCzech said:
all of this may be true but I have always found (Bush) Anthrax way more energetic onstage than Slayer.
Yeah, (Bush) Anthrax may be way more energetic onstage than Slayer but it is what's going on in the crowd that counts and whether it is Bush or Belladonna, Lord help us, Slayers' crowd is where it is at.